Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Tired

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pooped. Tuckered out. Whipped. Wiped.

    I drove home Thursday night after a long day and night of hanging out with friends I haven't seen since God was a child. These people are like family. I got in at 5 am, asleep by 6, and up by noon to borrow money and buy shitloads of food. Then off to my friend MAtt's apt to prepare the food. That took until 4 a.m. with small interruptions to drive people to get hamburgers, and take drunks home. Next, a two hour "bonding session" of listening to my friend vent (only part of which I understood. but who cares, it wasn't for my benefit, it was for his). asleep again by six. up by 1pm to cook. and cook. and cook.
    I cooked for upwards of 15 people, and spent two days on my feet. then stuffed ourselves like piglets. but it was well worth it. mmmm.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds good...anything interesting on that menu though?

    I'm tired as well...working though...got to spend a weekend as "Manager on Duty" in the hotel...what a long weekend...

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner erisesoteric's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    3,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Last week was ghastly, this week hasn't improved...

    How about we just make this the communal nap thread? Kinda like Sanctuary Lite?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmmmmm...nap...I could use one now...it's 6:30 AM and I'm already back at work for an hour already and prepared for a nap!

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner erisesoteric's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    3,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And when you get tired, you repeat yourself

    And when you get tired, you repeat yourself...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...or buy Amway products...whatever those are...guess I'll find out in 4 to 6 weeks! [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The level of your tirednes is directly proportional to the number of telemarketers who call your house at 8:30am.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Exotic Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2000
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tyle, welcome back! [img]smile.gif[/img] You are welcome to come visit me and cook any time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *yawns*

  10. #10
    Inactive Member tyledras's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2000
    Posts
    642
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why thankee little lady, don't mind if i do

    yes, we had interesting food again. my friend Dan is an incorigable shit. that's why we love him.
    this time, he chose Swaziland.
    I will NOT vow for the authenticity of the meal, only for its yuminess. and it was very yummy
    i spent all sunday and a large chunk of today catching up on loads of missed sleep. well worth it too. and i collected all the leftovers today, so i don't have to cook for at least one more day yet. yay!

    of course, we won't be having those odd style meals for a while. Dan is going to Romw this fall, like I did last fall. We won't see him again until Christmas time. I suppose we will have to be creative in his absence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •