Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone seen it yet? GF and I saw it last night. I'll hold off my opinion until others have seen it.

*waits*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Go for the looks, not the story, and do not pay full price. I'm putting off judgement until I can see the whole trilogy together, but I'm thinking it suffers from "second movie syndrome".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really liked the special FX. The phase-shifting twins were great. I just wonder if the movie could've been shortened to include the rest of the story that's coming out during the holidays.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't seen it yet, but from what you guys are saying not so sure I want to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, no, no...don't take it the wrong way. I liked it, but it didn't make me think like the first one did. The whole cliff-hanger thing worked for Lucas so I can see why they went for it with this movie. Go for the action scenes alone, they're worth it.

A friend of mine told me that X2 is a much better sequel. I need to go see that so I can jump into that other thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its... good to OK.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JaceSan:
    [QB]No, no, no...don't take it the wrong way. I liked it, but it didn't make me think like the first one did. The whole cliff-hanger thing worked for Lucas so I can see why they went for it with this movie. Go for the action scenes alone, they're worth it.
    QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much how I feel. Some of the dailouge is also a bit hard to listen to.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No!!!!!

Its great! I loved it! Except for some of the over-done fight secenes, I thought it was a tremedous movie, and I'm so glad it topped the box office the way it did.

It made 135 million beating out Spiderman which was previously at the top with approximately 116 million. I love the whole Matrix concept.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well I guess I'll scope it when I get paid then.

Inactive Member Chaos Butterfly's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loved it too it rocked, I need to see it again tho' as its kinda like Mulholland Drive in a way that its left you to figure out what's actually going on (at least til the final movie). I think you really have to start thinking in computer program terms to understand it, Like Agent Smith becoming kind of a virus.

Is it just me or am I the only one who is obsessed by the fact that the Architect is in fact Colonel Sanders on Kentucky Fried Chicken fame.

Its a KFC conspiracy I'm sure of it.

Plus from the end I think there is possibly 2 Matrixs [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

SPOILING
    I loved it on it's metaphysical levels. I can't remember the last time I discussed a film so indepth after seeing it. We've got many theories as to what's going on, what's gonna happen, and mainly what's happened before.
    But I had a huge problem with the action, and maybe someone here can solve this problem for me.
    You're Neo. You get that the Matrix isn't real. I mean you REALLY get it. You can fly, you can move super super fast, you can make weapons float over to you. Heck, you can even reach into your girlfriend and restart her heart. So, when you're being attacked by multiple targets, WHY THE HECK DON'T YOU JUST SHOOT FRIKKIN LASER BEAMS OUT OF YOUR HANDS AND BLOW THEM ALL AWAY????

Please, someone explain this to me so I can enjoy the fight sceenes Neo was in.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 22, 2003 07:51 AM: Message edited by: RichC ]</font>

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast