Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Isabel

  1. #1
    Inactive Member crazy a's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 1999
    Posts
    1,237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's funny: a hurricane goes from something you only see on the weather channel and hear about on the radio to something you can actually see and feel the beginnings of in a matter of hours. It's when the sky goes gray and the wind picks up that you realize that a bad-ass storm is only a few hundred miles away and slowly moving in your direction. My Thurday night class is cancelled and the kids will be out of school Thursday and Friday.

    Pessimist that I am, I feel rather optimistic about this one. We've only moved further inland because of a hurricane once, and we didn't suffer any damage when we came home, so I'm expecting about the same results: fallen tree limbs and not much else.

    Anyway, after I post this I don't anticipate being here again until maybe Friday. So take care and cross some fingers. Not just for me: Leesh is a few hours west of me, Jenjen's somewhere in the DC area, and of course the past board members who are in SC.

    So....I guess that's it. Goodbye. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jadian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2000
    Posts
    710
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers, crazy!
    Despite your confidence I'll send good thoughts your way anyhow. It can't hurt, right?

    Enjoy your mini break.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good thoughts to ya man...

    The military is bringing in some planes fromt he east coast to a base 20 minutes or so away... The news said it was like a plane parking lot...

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Barring really nasty weather I will be seeing JenJen this weekend. So I will let you all know.

    Be safe guys and gals.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take care crazy. You're in our thoughts. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Jelymo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,044
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what they said.

    *hugs*

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stay safe, crazy and everyone else. I'm glad it was downgraded to a category 2. Hopefully, it will be just some nasty wind and rain, but not too damaging.

    I'll send positive thoughts your way.

    *hugs*

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Exotic Ginger's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2000
    Posts
    1,081
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Best of luck crazy.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Neophobic Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2002
    Posts
    2,107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't even begin to imagine...hopefully it will blow over without much ado...pun intended...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm just wondering...

    How come every time that a hurricane comes, there's newspeople standing on the beach, holding on to their rain gear in all that rain, with the big waves coming in behind them? I mean, come on, it's a freakin' hurricane! Run for your lives!

    Glad I don't have that job...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •