Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just saw it last night. Man, most powerful movie I've ever saw and i had a few tears myself. The main message of the movie is forgiveness. after Jesus went through all that, the whipping, the mocking, and the march with the cross which seemed so stretched out, he still forgave the high priest that set it all in motion. I don't know many people that would have done that.

As for the anti-Semitic message, I missed it. I don't really get why that was mentioned, because there was a Jew bought out from the crowd to help Jesus on the final walk to Golgotha. So did the Romans, as the point was bought up before, should we be anti-Italians also? Besides, Jesus still asked the Lord to forgive them all from his cross.

Man, I've never saw a powerful movie like that and I don't think another one could ever be made that moved me like this one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah it WAS an eye opener Dwim.

And thanks Cats. I'm glad we can all talk this out without it turning into a pissing contest. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't seen the movie, but I always questioned the whole "He died for your sins." bit. How could he have died for my sins specifically? I hadn't even thought about committing them yet. It always seemed like a way of guilting me into accepting JC as my lord and saviour. I hate when anyone tries to make me feel guilty about anything. It's manipulative. No thanks. I'll pay for my own sins if it's all the same to you. Thanks for the offer though.

I wonder if Dismas and Gestus were featured in the film.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 29, 2004 02:32 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

forgive my lack of knowlage Jace but who were Dismas and Gestus?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They were the thieves that were crucified on either side of JC. Their names aren't mentioned in most versions of the scripture though.

http://cr.middlebury.edu/public/russ...ml/Dismas.html

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 29, 2004 04:06 PM: Message edited by: JaceSan ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ahh, thats why when I tryed to look it up i didn't find anything in my bible.

But yes they are in it and have speaking roles

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, mine mentions them in Luke Ch.23, but not by name. I'll have to go see the movie now. I'm glad they're in it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by JaceSan:
    I haven't seen the movie, but I always questioned the whole "He died for your sins." bit. How could he have died for my sins specifically?
    ]
    <font size="2" face="Comic sans ms, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmmm, what if the story ended that He didn't? That he went through all that for nothing? I wonder about the effect of the world if he hadn't done that? What if Buddha didn't get Enlightment and reach Nirvana? If all the prophets of all the religions had failed to do what they have set out to do, then what would be the point of religion? If they had all failed in their mission, then what the point?

Discuss...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Yeah, the thieves, I don't know if they're in the movie (forgive me, eh? I ain't going to see it) but that makes me think about Barabus, is HE in it?
    Does the movie even show the burial and reserection? Some reviews seem to suggest it doesn't.
    The idea is that Jesus dies as a sacrifice for the sins of all people everywhere. Since God knows all that stuff, eh? OR that whatever sins you might commit, He has 'paid the price' for them. It's tied in with the Jewish idea of sacrifice and atonement.
    &gt;&gt; There are lots of "failed" saviours or prophets I think. If they didn't attract enough followers and their message has been lost in time, then they're failed. Jim Jones springs to mind, David Koresh too. Sarah Prophit is still in her bunker with her followers as we speak, that Mormon guy, what's his name. All professed to one degree or another to know God's big plan or to have been apointed by God to lead their followers to "salvation".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, Barabus is in the movie as well as Satan, and I didn't know who he was till I saw the maggot. and they kinda show the burial and reserection, basicly it's Mary and Mary Magdalin(sp?) and I think Luke, one of them anyway, taking him off the cross and some other stuff.....

and BTW this is all I'm going to say cause if you really want to know you'll go see it. and i don't want to blow it all for people who want to see it and haven't. ^_^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast