Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

If they made the TV show "24" into a comic book they could use this issue as a template. So many snippets of information, so few pages. Not to mention a nice, though obviously deceptive, cliffhanger.

I also like the signs of growth Katchoo is showing. She's actually seeking help for her behavior! It's strange to see (or read in Katchoo's journal) that once you strip the anger away, Despite all her experiences and intelligence, Katchoo thinks like a love-struck teenager. Although, she may get what she wants,it will probably still be quite a while before she gets more than hugs from Francine.

This plot looks to be more twisted than any previous (if that's even possible). However, the climax seems to have a direction. Everything seems pointed toward a run in with Molly for someone (unless the incorporation of Molly into this part of the story is just a device for summarizing the murderous twists that started in this issue). Random related thought: I wonder if the guy (I forget the name he used) from the gym is the same person who all but flensed Freddie's client? As I've said before, I'd love for him to meet either Katchoo or Molly.

It's going to be a tough wait for #48 and its only a few weeks away. smile

------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first thought seeing the final panels was, damn, David's finished. Followed by wincing in advance from what the David-haters here might say. But I know better to 2nd guess a scene like that when plot twists abound in storytelling. This MAY bring him back into Katchoo's life. Maybe to fullfil the prophecy of the flash-forward (baby notwithstanding). Not sure I want that now that the women are on the threshold of success together.

But the above has me thinking. What if David's already apparent resignation to his seeming fate is like Katchoo's in the pool scene? Although the dynamic between D & T is radically different, maybe his lige will be reluctantly spared. Ideally, this would allow him life in Japan, but the prophecy-fulfilment seems likely if David is spared.

But, what's the deal about Kat needing to be impregnated? THAT came out of left field! All I can think of is some kind of 3rd-generation Sonny Baker kind-of thing.

I could've done without the vomit. And after the skull-stripping stuff in this week's Cerebus, too. Yecch! Odd how skulls figure into both comics I got today, eh?

Cool inking. Sometimes reminds me of the art during the I Dream of You + period.

Skull's Veronica's, eh? (First I thought it was Sal's, then I guessed it right) Wonder if Tambi'll finally pay for hrt life of crime and violence? Even though her victim there was more evil than she is.

[This message has been edited by Mibbitmaker (edited March 20, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I liked this issue a lot, even if Terry granted my wish to have Veronica come back,
    frown

Dumoni sent chills up my spine knowing that poor girl is in for an attack.
    It was cool seeing Kat and Francie together, and Casey, never change doll!

Interesting with the Veronica bones found by the FBI. TO be honest, I've always liked the Tambi character but she is pretty invincible.
    I wouldn't mind her having some difficulties at some point. It seems she either has always money, brawn or ultra intelligence to get her out of every mess. In truth, I would miss her leaving less than one of the big 3, though she is fascinating.

It's interesting to see David becoming a hermit in Japan. I guess it's his own kind of therapy...the impregnating Katchoo is kinda insane, I thought at first, she already IS pregnant but that's Francine sigh...too long between relevant issues does this to me...Speaking of which, I'm SO GLAD Kat got therapy of her own, but...

Anyone notice her journal is an exhibit???

Also note that the journal has TWO different endings. One of them has Kat staying over INSTEAD of the hotel, the other has her GOING to the hotel. Kinda like Version 1 and 2.

This puts me in several trains of thought
    It could be:

A)Used in a court of law as a defence for insanity or against Katchoo for some reason.
    SOMEONE is going to court, and it hinges on Katchoo's state of mind. Tambi? David?

B)Used to make a psychological analysis on Katchoo, maybe she meets up with Molly lol.

------------------
    "It's hard to explain really but the feeling CHANGED me somehow.
    I felt...mm..EMPOWERED!
    Yes that's it. EMPOWERED!"
    -Veronica becomes chummy with Francine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow wow wowee!

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

terry, lemme start out with the only bad thing that i noticed from this issue: it was VERY evident that someone else inked it, and while i appreciate the fact that it was a superb inker like jimmy, and i KNOW that you were busy and had no other choice, i wanna make my voice heard as saying that i REALLY like your inking a LOT more.

that out of the way, this was a fave issue. i thought it was excellent. i LOVED the ending, loved the katchoo and francie interaction and loved the mob scenes. i wonder whats gonna happen to monica... frown

everything in here was great for me, everytime i complain in the least bit about SiP, it seems to come back and bite me very violently. i loved this issue, mainly for the reason that we're getting on with the storyline. thats what ive been asking for, thats what we got, and i cant find a single thing thats worth complainging about.

thank you terry (and thanks to jimmy too, for the help, when it was needed. smile)

------------------
    will you fogive me when i'm gone?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wow! Sure puts a different spin on the possibility of David and Kat's being married, doesn't it.

Kat's journel as a exhibit. Could it be in a trial for Veronica's murder?

------------------
    Selah

The bridge between life and death is love.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

Pull the trigger, Tambi! This has gone on too long. It's nice to see just how worthy of Katchoo's trust are Tambi and David. They have been plotting against her the whole time. mad
    Yes, this is the same Dumoni who broke Miss Noel's skull. But Monica, the Woman With No Butt, won't be so easy a prey.
    Palmiotti just can't ink Terry like Terry inks Terry.

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thrasy, I think your reaction to David is interesting. We have no evidence that he was plotting.

He really did try to stick it out with Katchoo, and really, Terry could have made her pregnant if he had really wanted to (issue 38?)

We know David lives and gets married to Kat. So far we know they have no children.

So?

Something must have happened in between right?
    Either Tambi got her just desserts (unlikely) or perhaps David is just incapable of siring children (possible).

Either way, though I may have had my doubts about David early on in the series, I would need actual evidence to change my mind.
    Refusing to impregnate Katchoo by telling Tambi the truth is not evidence...

It's more likely Tambi really wants to use her sister for her own devices, which brings me to ANOTHER question...
    Why doesn't Tambi just have herself inseminated???????????????
    She could have the kid and put it in someone elses' care.....

Sounds really odd to me...

Aaah vell.....
    Hugs
    Veronica

------------------
    "It's hard to explain really but the feeling CHANGED me somehow.
    I felt...mm..EMPOWERED!
    Yes that's it. EMPOWERED!"
    -Veronica becomes chummy with Francine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How completely and utterly precious! Tambi wants to be an auntie! tongue

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still don't think we can KNOW for sure that David and Kat live together and get married; from now on, I have vowed not to believe anything beyond the current point in the timeline... but that's a debate that's been had before. Anyway, onto this issue;

The "two seperate journals" are the same journal, just two different pages of it, although the 'exhibit' one was intriguing.

Was I the only one that noticed that the white section of Francine's hair was gone? I'm wondering if this is important somehow, or if Terry just forgot to tell Mr. Palmotti not to ink that section of hair...

About Tambi holding a gun to David's head; we all saw what happened to the last person that held a gun to his head. Granted, Tambi is nowhere near the pushover that guy was, but David is certainly no slouch, and he killed that guy just on reflex.

I have a good feeling (hopefully not to be proven wrong) that Monica is going to be the last person that Dumoni ever messes with.

I like the fact that practically every panel that Kat and Francie are in, and Casey isn't shoving herself in-between them, they are doing the whole "eyes only for you" thing. Just kinda nice.

All in all, an excellent issue... kind of shaky on the whole Tambi-obsessed-with-Kat-being-pregnant thing, but I'm sure it'll be explained.

btw, Isn't Sal dead now? I seem to remember a little aside about that not too far back, but I don't feel like digging for it right at the moment.

This issue definitely had the flavor of older issues, and...and... well, dammit, it was just really good. Well done, Terry.

------------------
    "Listen to the chair leg of truth! It does not lie! What does it say?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fabulous issue, Terry! (I know this should go in the "you review the issue" section, but I like the discussion board :-) ) Anyway, the only thing that really disturbs me is the fact that I'd really like Tambi and Katchoo to be friends as well as blood sisters. This kinda puts a dent in that trust, though, if Tambi has her own nefarious plans.
    I hope Monica kicks Dumoni's butt! Chilling storytelling, Terry! Especially given the fact that Casey was most likely his target.
    Wonderful to see Kat and Francie together. <sigh>

~JettGrrl

------------------
    She don't need advice that you send to her. She's happy the way she looks, she's happy with her gender.~JJ

See that star...the one shining brighter than all the others? I know the girl who hung it there.
    ~Francine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast