Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Spinoffs?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BeeJonesey's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, Darth, I tend to agree that these characters haven't been developed a lot in the SiP comics...which is why they'd be perfect to spin off--tabula rasa, as it were.

    And if Terry's not going to develop them, then I think it'd be great for him to turn over the reigns to someone else and see what happens. The readership's built in, as long as what results is good.

    I mean, I'd love to see Greg Rucka write a Tambi mini-series or watch Jessica Abel go to town on a Griffin Silver spinoff... Then again, I know the chances of that happening are pretty nil.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I'd looove to see an issue(stand-alone) made up of an SIP gallery of versions by other artists. Just pages of art, not story. It's been done in other areas, like the Neil Gaiman Death gallery f'rinstance.

    Reminds me of the pre-feud days where Dave Sim & Ger did Bone drawings. Those were cool(like the ones of Bone by Terry himself more recently).

  3. #13
    Iris
    Guest Iris's Avatar
    Casey. Let's have a Katy Keene-ish book with Casey. Dang, does anyone here even KNOW who Katy Keene is??

    I'll slip back in the shadows ;P

    ------------------
    Iris
    ~~~~~~~~~
    I'm hardcore!-Bubbles

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Welcome to the boards, bee. smile

    Hi, Iris (long time no post. wink)

    While, I'm not actually looking for a spinoff, if there was one, I'd like it on Tambi or David solo. Also, who could resist a one-shot of Pat (aka Video Pat, airline worker Pat, etc). biggrin

    I might point out that while many of the supporting characters can seem very thin, Terry has fleshed them all out quite well (even Freddie became human). All these characters could be delved into a lot more. It's just a matter of taking the time to pull them away from their stereotypical surface.

    ------------------
    The original ninja lesbian milk getter.
    Please click on that banner.
    The one called "brain" and "brandiflakes" and....
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    Life is what you make it.
    "For there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."-Shakespeare, Hamlet
    "My hope is that one day our society as a whole will be able to look past gender and see the integrity of the relationship that lies beyond." --Jamie Brown
    ChatterBox

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mibbitmaker:
    I'd looove to see an issue(stand-alone) made up of an SIP gallery of versions by other artists.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Now, a gallery, I'd love to see that. Chaykin drawing Francie, Seinkewicz doing Tambi, David Mack painting Katchoo, Amanda Connor drawing Casey and her new 'big guns', Joshnson(100 Buillets) could do a killer Darcy, maybe an Alex Ross group shot or Kia Asamiya doing the gang manga style or Ben Dunn drawing them SD.....

    Oh, wait, sorry, we were talking about spinoffs, weren't we......

    Darth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •