Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Ghost's appearance in #38, to me, was a reminder to Francine not to let go of Kat. The exhortation from Lillian in #34 was to "go home", to make the hard decision and stay with Kat, because of her wishing, albeit posthumously, that she had followed her heart and not done what was expected of her in her own relationship.

Again, I say bravo. *sniff*

-Artemis

"Do not consider me a loving being until my love is revealed to you with all that it contains of light and of fire.." -Kahlil Gibran

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think wanting kids is the reason..
    I think that Francie told Katchoo this to show one of the things that Brad can give her that Katina can't.
    There is an obvious communication between them both going on, stuff that has been said already and need not be said again. Kat now knows that Francie is engaged, and they both know that this is a moment for them to make decisions.
    Francie might think that Katchoo knows how she feels for her, but Kat ain't too sure about herself with Fran. Fran is telling Kat one of the things that pulls her to Brad. Katina accepts it.
    I think the 'I'm running out of time' part was more for Fran's own benefit than nothing else. sorta like talking to herself. Reminding herself that she can't take her sweet old time deciding between Brad or Kat.
    CAN'T wait till the next issue...

Come on terry.. how about a hint? I promise I won't tell!!! biggrin

Oh, and Darth! Comic book stores in NY get their comics delivered on Tuesday afternoons, that way they have 'em all up and ready by Wednesday morning. Most stores will open at 11:00 am, but the one right in front of me, opens by 9:00 am... Ain't life grand? smile

[This message has been edited by Yazimariel (edited February 01, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, when I read the part with Marie Peters, my immediate thought was, wow, this woman has wisdom! Unexpected (tho less so than it would've been after I Dream of You!). Great moment. Another observation...the little bit about David Letterman. I think Terry's been unfair there. Dave mocks himself as much as he does others. I can't stand Joan Rivers, but I give her credit for mocking herself if she's going to savage other celebrities. Mad magazine does the same thing. As does Letterman. (sal's arrest, tho...I loved that!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMAO. That is too funny. It IS a heart. LoL! biggrin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I read it a second time and it had a bigger impact. As I read the last scene, I felt like Francine is making a mistake, and she knows it. That's why she said what she did, that's why she sees Lillian(looking quite sad if you ask me). She's made her choice, she doesn't like it, but won't change her mind. She's trying to feel good about but it's not working.
    I don't know, maybe it'll read different the 3rd time, but that's how I felt.

Darth

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, I think kids may just stand for a whole series of things her mom has wanted Fran to want. Now, after a very stressful encounter with Kat's past Fran is thinking maybe it would be better to settle down and go the white picket fence, 2.5 kids, soccer mom route. At least that way she can avoid tied-to-chairs syndrome. I think you are right Darth, that she knows this isn't her path, but right now she can't go with destiny, it is just too frightening.

--Van

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do believe the appearence of the ghost (Thanks Asis) is both a pretext and prologue of the saddness of the future in Frans life.

As for kids, hell yeah I see it, Fran is the "Earth mother" to Kats fire. The draw of Motherhood (and fatherhood)can hold strong sway on a person's soul. Finding out the person you love was a whore, (I know; bad! Bad Vox! but I'm trying to make a point), been tortured, you fall back on what gives you comfort. Suburbia, A Husband, two car garage, good ol' mom and pop hetrosexuality. This neither negates nor endorses Kat. Right now fran is thinking about fran. and rightfully so.

...and Kat did the samething with david. For better or worse. She did what she had to do to survive that night.

The one I feel sorry for right now is david (I've never been accused of being an DAVIDNEEDSLOVE member)I hope Terry can find a way years from now when the series ends ( Many, Many years! ) to have david have a happy ending.

------------------
    and were chasing sticks and stones like we just dont care~~~The Mel

"They can have their diamonds...We'll have our pearls."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Yeah, I worry about David. I'm one of the fence sitters on the Kat-Fran, Kat-David issue..... but it must have broken his heart to finally have his night with Katchoo and wake up to her sobbing over some one else. I'm sorry, but *coughREBOUNDcough*
    And if I were him I would have felt so damn used. I'd be so sick of being second best. I'd like to see if he has the backbone to make some demands of Katchoo now that she's committed her body to his - even if just for one night.

What's the consensus - would it be fair for him to have to accept the back seat yet again after that?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Darth, I agree with your assessment of the ghost, well put!

Re: David, rebound, David *sigh*

I like David. I feel for David. But there is no way I feel sorry for David in this issue (except when he has to pee). How could he NOT know that Katchoo is rebounding? Did she use him? Yeah. Has he been wearing a sign around for the last few years that says *use me*? Yeah.

That night David got what he has been wanting for so long. But given Katchoo's past sexual history (of which he is at least somewhat aware) *Danger Will Robinson* should have been blaring in his mind. He's human. But I would have had more respect for him if he had held Katchoo instead of letting her revert to her give them what they want days. Don't get me wrong, David is a good guy. But I think he majorly screwed up in this scene.

Am I the only one creeped out by that scene in the bed? Did anyone else her Veronica narrating that scene? In many many ways that scene in the bed parrallels what Katchoo did to Veronica. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in their relationship. Or if I am simply wrong. But that scene so much like what Veronica described to Francine I found it spooky.

Time will tell...

------------------
    - "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5
    - Really I am a woman...honest!
    - Resident KiSA (Knight in Shining Armor!)
    - I believe trust is more important than monogamy (Savage Garden - Affirmation)
    - Namesake of AsIs the kitten!
    - Member of the *Save Mary Beth* Club!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadian:

And if I were him I would have felt so damn used. I'd be so sick of being second best. I'd like to see if he has the backbone to make some demands of Katchoo now that she's committed her body to his - even if just for one night.

What's the consensus - would it be fair for him to have to accept the back seat yet again after that?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good points. Would it be fair-no. Will he do it anyway-yes. It's a major part of his personailty to sacrifice himself for others. In a way, it may be a continuation of his penance and conversion. He took so much away from the world, he's deceided to do the opposite now-give all he can for the people he loves-If Kat needs it, he'll do it. I'm sure it has an upper limit, but I don;t think we've seen it yet. Now, I'm not defending David, but I do know that it would suck to be him, and having been there myself, I wouldn't wish that on anyone(there I go, talking about fictional characters as if they were real again........)
    Hey, David outta go back to Texas and hang out with Jesse Custer and Cassidy for awhile...I'm sure they could set him straight! heehee

Darth

------------------
    'People create history while weaving love
    Even knowing I'll never be a goddess or anything like that
    I live on'
    -Zankoku no Tenshi no TEZE(Cruel Angel's Thesis)-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast