-
September 1st, 2001, 03:03 PM
#11
Inactive Member
Since you guys are paying such incredibly close attention to the covers, I'll tell you this: That is Francine sitting on a pile of money. It was done for an issue where I was going to go into David fighting for and losing his inheritance but skipped the chapter because I thought people might find it tedious.
But the big news today is I have just submitted the cover art to Diamond for the next solicitation, December's SIP 46. The girl on the cover is the one and only infamous Molly Lane of Molly & Poo. Yes, she's back! I can't tell you why, because you haven't read SIP 43 yet. All I can say is I am sooooooooooo damn excited about where I'm going with all this. But I'll have to wait and talk to you about it after 43 comes out.
In the meantime, because it won't spoil anything for you, the 46 cover will be on the web site in a few days, even before 43 comes out. You've got to see Molly, she's a trip!
------------------
-
September 1st, 2001, 03:08 PM
#12
Inactive Member
Oh, and the money cover will run as the cover to 43, but it has nothing to do with the story, just a pretty picture, because you can never tell a book by its cover, right?
"What lies beneath the title page?
A lover's quarrel, a poor man's grave"
A rather abstract way of pressing a point.
But the #46 Molly cover is for real, that issue is hers.
------------------
-
September 1st, 2001, 09:29 PM
#13
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Moore:
But the #46 Molly cover is for real, that issue is hers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uhm, before OR after the, uhm, *incident*, depicted in Molly and Poo?
(I leave my language vague in defference to those who have yet to read the issue)
And will this cause you to reverse your decision to never re-print M&P?
Darth
------------------
'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
-Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein
-
September 2nd, 2001, 02:41 AM
#14
Jaxom 27
Guest
The man is a tease...an absolute tease...yeesh...
------------------
Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.
-
September 2nd, 2001, 03:03 AM
#15
Inactive Member
...because they're fun. And when you have fans, you have to give them something to do besides following you around and begging for sketches because they might turn stalker and sneak into your bedroom at night to look for first editions and origional art.
I mean, what would we all do without some intrugue here?
btw, Thanks Terry - you've given everyone something to munch on until Christmas. I was wondering if that cover would come back, since it all makes sense now! Thank you!
------------------
"Be excellent to each other." -Bill & Ted
"Do we need to have the "fantasy/reality" discussion again?" - eris
Feminist Rants
"Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd be called up when the rage in me subsides." - Sarah McLachlan w/ Delerium
-
September 2nd, 2001, 01:59 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Molly?
Who is Molly?
I don't remember her being in any of the SIP Trade Paperbacks I've read...
I hope we won't be seeing random characters from other strips showing up all the time, though honestly, it will be cool to have SOMEONE different in the storyline...
Stick to the basics, no fancy stuff!
------------------
-
September 3rd, 2001, 12:58 AM
#17
Inactive Member
-
September 3rd, 2001, 01:24 AM
#18
Inactive Member
Molly and Poo was a special issue(actually, it is SiP v2, #14, though is has nothing nothing to do with our girls, K&F...)
In the 2nd volume, in the letters column area, Terry placed these text pieces, correspondance between a 'Molly' and 'Poo'
The pieces were somewhat confusing, as they some were modern, others had a Victorian feel. So the story goes Terry was asked aboot it so much, he worked the ideas into a full book, which was the M&P special. The book was all text, with some accompaning art. The Molly in the title was later revealed to be an old gf of Francie's brother, and she had moved to NY, where, in M&P, she is a writer. If all gets wierd from there...
Terry has since said he will never reprint the book, as it turned out too dark for his liking. He has been as good as his word, however the book is easily findable in the $5 range. Maybe if the M&P story becomes important to the main one, Terry will re-print it. Otherwise the price could go up....
Darth
------------------
'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
-Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein
-
September 3rd, 2001, 06:45 AM
#19
Inactive Member
hmmmm. what an odd turn of events. i hope that we get to see the molly cover soon, cuz im curious as to how in the hell she could figure into our story. i always thought that that was kinda just like...a summer fun issue turned "bad." (in quotes, cuz i dont think it was bad at all.)
and darth, nah, your first reply was right. i personally dont really see the point of collecting the fake covers...
although it looks like this is gonna be the real cover now... hmmm. thats an odd choice, IMHO, and im not too sure about it... course, like terry said, its not the cover that counts, its whats inside.
*still on the edge of his seat for this thursday to roll around!*
-
September 3rd, 2001, 06:42 PM
#20
Inactive Member
Well, it occured to me that the reason I think that cover doesn't look like Francie could be because it's ASHLEY.
Yes, yes, I know Terry just said it WAS Francine, but he lies to previews, and he has said he did sometimes do that in order to hide a particular twist so as not to tip us off to what he was doing, so could he possibly have lied to us(for our own good, of course...)?
nahh, probably not......
Darth
but maybe.....
------------------
'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
-Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks