Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Ehhh... Hi! I'm very interested in SiP but I have absolutely no idea where to begin ! I've read on some website that the best starting point is the "I Dream of You" trade, is it true ? And what's about volume 1, 2 and 3 ? Finally, would you recommend it to a 17 year old guy? I've heard that SiP is a "Girl Comic", is it true?

Thanks a lot !

David, new convert!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome, and have some oreos.
    Well, the best plan is always to begin at the beginning. The first tpb comprises Volume I. The next two tpbs cover Volume II. Everything else is Volume III.
    But "I Dream of You" is so superior to the first tpb that I would recommend that to those who are leery of chick books. It's tightly plotted, it has action, it's fresh, it's sexy. Damn right a 17-year-old boy would like it!

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey David. Just to let you know, I'm a 25 year old guy and I'm totally addicted to SiP. A friend of mine is 24 and he's also an addict. So yes, a 17 year old guy could definitely get into it.

Here's what you do: Click on the characters link to get a little background info. Then go take a look at the SiP Episode Guide (there's a convenient link to it on the navbar to your left.) After that, hound your local comic shop to find the tpbs. Or you can always order them from here. The choice is yours. Either way, I PROMISE you, you will NOT be disappointed. Happy reading! smile

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Well thanks! I didn't know that SiP fans where so welcoming (unlike many other comic-books fans wink. I'll follow your advices and who knows, maybe I'll be able to come back here and be a part of all this !

Thanks again!

David

------------------

Jaxom 27

While "I Dream of You" is Terry hitting his stride, you cannot just skip to it. The First trade is light hearted and more fun, but there are important, IMPORTANT, pieces to the story as a whole that you need to see first hand before jumping into volume 2...

------------------
    Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
    intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
    a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Welcome fellow canuck!
    I like the I Dream of You TPB best still. It's tyhe one I bought and had for about a year before I realised this was a continued series..... now I;m inpatiently waiting for the next TPB to come out this September.

------------------
    "Be excellent to each other." -Bill & Ted
    "Do we need to have the "fantasy/reality" discussion again?" - eris
    Feminist Rants

"Heaven holds a sense of wonder and I wanted to believe that I'd be called up when the rage in me subsides." - Sarah McLachlan w/ Delerium

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

I've listened to you guys and I bought the first trade yesterday. Haven't read it yet but I've read the comic strips at the end of it. Pretty funny stuff. And it's cool to see where Katchoo and Francine originated from !

Thanks again, you've all made a new convert out ouf me!

David

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet Christmas!!!
    Is there a reason why this site doesn't sell the box set of the first 3 TPB's? That's how I bought mine, Robyn (Terry's wife) convince me to buy it and have Terry (who was standin' right next to her) and I was like okay. Then I found out there were 6 other TPB's and I decided to give them a chance, and I'm glad I did too. I'm a 19 year old guy that is addicted to SiP! I can't wait for Volume 10 to come out!

------------------
    I have and read the first 9 TPB's of SiP.
    Can't wait for 10!