Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This one has juvenilia, editorials, spacegirls, and an alternate plotline for Francine and Katchoo (just kidding). Grace's fairy and Morris the dog carry the issue.

I don't know how I didn't notice it before, but Terry has a bit of Dr. Seuss in him. The issue reminded me of a book of his early stuff, 'The Tough Coughs as he Ploughs the Dough.'

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dunno, Terry.... Duck Edwing-like gruesomeness, anti-gun control(it's not a ban!)....

BTW, you do realise Bush stole the election, don't you? (and needlessly to boot, since the most trustworthy newspaper recount, COUNTING the votes The Supreme Court wouldn't allow counted, came up with the same results. Results Gore would've accepted)

Other than that(and a couple fat jokes 'n' male jokes), great stuff!

I saw a Don Martin influence in the first big story, in addition to Edwing. And, as always, the Bloom County influence is there, and it works, too.

------------------
    Peace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dunno... i thought the first strip was...lacking, to say the least. and i foung it distressing that plato (thanks thras) was on the cover but nowhere in the book... frown

other than that, loved the content, its always nice to get a look at another one of terrys many sides.

thanks for the glimpse. smile

[This message has been edited by Oz (edited September 21, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Is a spoiler warning necessary for one of these issues? Just in case:

***SPOILERS***
    Hmm, found it kinda strange that so much space was devoted to the "Batoad" strip. Not sure I liked that one.

"One day, Homer decided he knew it all."
    Heh heh, love the expression on your toad character Terry.

Ugh, sorry, didn't enjoy the Vote 2000 jokes. Very tired by now. Too bad these little one-panel funnies weren't released back when it happened, probably would've made me chuckle.

I agree, the fairy and "Morris" stories carried the book. And it was interesting to see all of Terry's doodles and sketches of course.

Also smiled at that little spanking commentary on the last page. smile

The cover for this issue was cute, the Paradise Too! #2 cover was beautiful!

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although I hate to pick, I have to say that I was disappointed with the issue. My favorite strip is the polar bear one. I was so excited to see the cute and cuddly cover, but where was my friend in the issue? He wasn't there at all! Not even a little sketch! This made me sad. I had assumed the comic book would center around the fluffy guy.
    A side note: I would probably enjoy Paridise, Too more if it was narrowed down to 3 or 4 strips that we can actually follow and know the characters. I like Morris and the Polar bear.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with your side note, smurfette.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I also like smurfette's side note. Morris and the bear are both great, but for the title to really work it would also need kixie.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is for the true-blue, die-hard Terry Moore fan. An omnium-gatherum from different periods. I guess the Bat-toad sequence is from an early time. It might have succeeded in the defunct National Lampoon.
    The political cartoons are the most polished in the issue.
    The polar bear's name is Plato, or at least it was a few months ago.
    Sarcastic, wise-cracking fairies aren't very funny. The best of the fairy cartoons in this issue is the one with "Terry" on the train, because the fairy isn't cracking wise; instead she has the straightforward innocence of a child, and is closest to Kixie's personality. There is a sketch of a fairy that looks a little like Katchoo.
    Several of the one-panel cartoons have captions of the "One day, Homer decided he knew it all" type, that I'm not sure are necessary other than to declare that this is a cartoon, not a sketch. But I still liked Arlene and Olivia.

------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe I've stated before that TOO might work better as a quarterly, allowing Terry an extra month per issue to ink & polish & glean.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ***SPOILERS***
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kris:
    Is a spoiler warning necessary for one of these issues? Just in case:

***SPOILERS***
    Hmm, found it kinda strange that so much space was devoted to the "Batoad" strip. Not sure I liked that one.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, especially since it was done before back in the 1970's. It didn't work there either.
    I also thought that it was kinda cheap of Terry to have Wonderland on the cover and not inside... :\
    I would have liked to seen more Kixie and Grace, though... "What does psycho mean?" smile

Something else that bugged me was having the Wonderland Bear on the cover when he's not inside. frown
    ------------------
    Other site:
    http://on.to/empress The Throne room - An Empres site.

[This message has been edited by quamp (edited September 29, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast