Thread: Christian Comics for the Whole Family!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let me know if anyone else is disturbed by this.

------------------
    This is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many humans beings reluctant to laugh - Kurt Vonnegut

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Oh my Lord! I listen to rock music, I'm going to hell! rolleyes Rock music is bad ... mkay..!

------------------
    Princess, Having Had Sufficient
    Experience With Princes, Seeks Frog.

I'm the queen of pantsless posters!!

~SpawnyGirl~ ~Angel of Fire~

[This message has been edited by Day-Z (edited February 01, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

According to this other comic, if you are homosexual and commit to god you will be 'saved'!

It freaks me out that people are teaching this to children. Okay, drugs and unprotected sex (or as they prefer: no sex at all) are dangerous. But it is this intolorance towards other people that makes people hate others because they are 'different'. As I can remember you are suppost to love everyone. But in most religions 'everyone' is defined as in 'only those who commit to the same religion as I do because those who don't are all sinners'.

Well, this 'truth' could not convince me, I'm still a non-believer and proud of it! biggrin With all respect for those who do wink

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Day-Z, we have so much in common.

Religion causes more hate than anything else.

------------------
    From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.

First member of:
    Gangstas of Luv

Herbalicious

"By my deeds I am known, And I am known as Jack. Springheel Jack, Jack the Ripper. By my deeds I am known. And my deeds are truely bloody. I took them into my heart; Mary Anne Nichollas, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddows, Mary Kelly. And loved them, truely loved them all."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love they're depiction of evolution, as if scientists are walking around going "Yes! we know all the answers and here they are!!" Science is based on an investigation of evidence which is presented to them. They dont go employing the ever ambiguous "faith" to jusify whatever claims they can make up. Imagine if courts relied to "faith" the way in order to prove things the way christians do.

------------------
    This is a hard world to be ludicrous in, with so many humans beings reluctant to laugh - Kurt Vonnegut

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

That comic about school-violence really made me laugh. Sure, read the bible, say your prayers and there will be no school-violence ever again! rolleyes I think if I were in an US highschool and I heard a guy talk like that, I'd raise my eyebrow and say: 'yeah man, like, whatever' wink I think it's a tiny little bit unrealistic to think all problems will be solved if you believe.

Come to think of it, on Monday evening a week ago the doorbell rang, and when I answered through the intercom there was a guy who wanted to talk to me about solving the problems in the world. 'No thanks' was my answer. Then the week after on Monday, there was an envelope in the mail with a letter:
    Dear sir, ma'am,
    Last week I was at your door to bring you a personal visitation, but you were not home. I don't want to keep this important information from you and therefor I write to you.
    blablablabla
    Yes, god's kingdom is the solution to all our problems. Diseases, growing old and lots of other problems will disappear forever. The blind will see and the deaf will hear. blablabla
    I have enclosed a small treat for you, about our miracle creator. Reading it shall be a joyfull experience for you.
    N. Driessen, jehova's witness

On the cover of the little booklet he enclosed, there is a woman and a little girl and their are petting and feading a brown bear. A BEAR for crying out loud! I think that animal would eat them alive!

Anywayz, the jehova's witnesses also believe their religion is the solution to all of our problems.

I believe it has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with the kind of person that you are. I try to be a good person, I don't kill, I don't steal, I'm not cruel to other human beings and try to do as much as I can for charity. If I ever get kids I will teach them stuff like that. That has a lot more effect on them than reading an old dusty book.

I'm rambling I know! It just pisses me of that people can be so ignorant and so naiv to believe all problems will be solved if you believe in god.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There will always be problems and the only way they can be solved is by taking repsonsibility for said problems and then taking action to try and resolve whatever problem there is.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Day-Z:

On the cover of the little booklet he enclosed, there is a woman and a little girl and their are petting and feading a brown bear. A BEAR for crying out loud! I think that animal would eat them alive!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it would, but in the bible it says that after God comes back the "The Lion shall lay with the lamb" thats pretty much what that illustration was trying to get across. It is pretty ridiculous to think that taking up Christianity will afford you some kind of protection that the rest of the world isnt equiped with. In part of the comic that Day-Z is talking about the kid in the comic goes "Thanks for Protecting me Lord!". It just makes me wonder what they say when something horrible happens to a christian. Do they say something like "Well it was God's will that that person die regardless of them being christian". Its preposterous.

------------------