Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "When I was Growin up, me and my dad used to go at it all the time. Over almost anything. I used to have really long hair, way down past my shoulders, when I was 17 or 18. Oh man, he used to hate it. We'd get to where we'd fight so much that I'd spend a lotta time....outta the house. In the summer time it wasn't that bad, cause it was warm, and my friends were out. But in the winter I'd be standin downtown and I would get so cold. And when the wind would blow, I had this phone booth I used to stand in. And I'd call my girl....like for hours at a time. Was talkin to her all night long. And finally I'd get my nerve up to go home. And I'd stand there in the driveway, and he'd be waiting for me in the kitchen. And I'd tuck my hair down in my caller.....and I'd walk in. And he'd call me back to sit down with him. and the first thing he would always ask me was, what did I think I was doin with myself. And the worst part about it was, I could never explain it to him. I remember I got in a motorcycle accident once. I was laid up in bed, and he had a barber come in and...cut my hair. And man...I could remember tellin him how I hated him....and that I'd never ever forget it. And he used to tell me, "Man, I can't wait til the army gets you. When the army gets you, they're gonna make a man outta you.....they'll cut all that hair off. And they'll make a man outta you. And this was in, I guess, '68. And there was a lotta guys....from the neighborhood goin to vietnam. I remember the drummer from my first band....comin over to my house, with his marine uniform on. Sayin that he was goin, and that he didn't know where it was. And a lotta guys went.....and a lotta guys didn't come back. And the lot that came back....weren't the same anymore. And I remember the day I got my draft notice. I hid it from my folks. And three day before my physical, me and a bunch of my friends went out and stay up all night. When we got on the bus to go that morning, man, we were all so scared. And I went....and I failed. I remember comin home after I'd been gone for three days. And walkin in the kitchen, and my mother and father were sittin there. And my dad said, "where you been?" And I said, "uh, I went to take my physical." And he said, "what happened?" And I said, "they didn't take me." ...... and he said, "that's good".
    -Bruce Springsteen.

This makes me think of me and my old man.

<font color="#99CCCC" size="1">[ June 12, 2002 01:42 AM: Message edited by: LORD HIGH BEAR ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All in all bro your dad is not such a bad man, I believe that he just want's the best for you and I know that he is damned proud of you for the fact that you never gave up on highschool and that you stuck through it. He don't want to see you struggling through life, so just keep your head up and you will strive through the roughist of times.