Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: i am NOT a johnny wannabe........they all say i am........but i'm just REALLY violent

Inactive Member The_Gargantuan_rb's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rs - I'm not financially "well endowed" by any stretch of the imagination. That said, there are plenty of cheap swords and knives which are more than sufficient for self-defense or utilitarian uses, and most of these are available from a number of online vendors. E-mail me if you're interested, and I can provide you with more information. Not all top-grade swords are expensive, but sometimes you have to look around for a decent manufacturer. My cousin knows a smith who will make swords, knives, and other cutlery; he works in his own small workshop, which is just bit north of the outermost Sapporo suburbs. He only makes simple, no-frills, full-tang swords with 5160 carbon steel and spruce handles, and he does a hell of a job. He reportedly ships most of these to Tsukiji for wholesalers to have decent utility swords for dicing, but he'll make a sword in just about any blade design. His highest going rate is 36,000 yen (a bit under $300), which isn't too bad. Most of the expense in cutlery (especially cheap stuff) is derived from the frills, not the craftsmanship. One question, though: why would you carry a daito around in public? I don't even know if that's legal, and it certainly isn't practical. I wouldn't carry anything longer than a concealable tanto, and a shoto is still still out of the question. Also: ball-peen or nailer?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

IT'S MEE!!! didn't you miss me????......i realize that a hammer is a pitiful weapon to say the least.....however i WAS meeting people....and in order to not cause a scene in which i would have to quickly flee i thought a hammer would do the trick....i was carrying a hammer simply for the reason that i used it.....it was a basketball tournament and there were homies a plenty roaming the streets downtown.......also i am not as financially endowed as you mister "i have a melee of weapons".....my preferred one would be a katana.......however one of good quality costs upwards of 700 dollars....i could get a cheap one...yes.....but it might scratch or even break......so if you would like to meet me at a deserted location with a large sum of money......and possibly this melee of weapons you speak of...i would greatly appreciate it.....heh.......no....i kid

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*reads that last post and quotes herself* "i don't know much about weapons"

^_^ lottttts of words i didn't recognize in that one, heh.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

nailer.......i believe.......it's a freakin hammer i'm not picky.......but anyhow.....remind me to live in tokyo....so as i could get swords easier....though i'd also get arrested faster for blatant disregard of the law.....if i were to purchase anything of large monitary value for myself i'd have to say it would be two kodachi...one that can be concealed as the end of the sheath.....does he also make the sheaths....i'm sorry i'm lax in knowledge of sword lingo....it's only the use i'm really interested in.....i will e-mail you right soon as i'm sure that our gracious forum ruler of doom...or something....is pretty sick of our weapons banter not being a weapons fanatic herself....as she stated so recently....she doesn't know much about weapons........but then neither do i......speaking of which....is it the tang that's full of swords or the sword that's full of tang (full-tang??).....bye bye

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

oh, the humanity... or some sh*t like that. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] [email protected]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tang is the part of the sword that's covered up by the handle. I'm not sure what full tang means, though.

You should be able to find relatively cheap imitation katanas on eBay or something. But yeah, good luck concealing it. Everybody looks at you funny when you're wearing a trenchcoat and there is absolutely no other way of concealing a fucking sword.

I don't know about your country or which part of this one you're from, but law enforcement officers around here do NOT play around with people in possesion of swords.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i thought tang was a powdered juice drink?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah. It's made from ground up sword parts. ;P

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hook me up with some of THAT tang....mines just orangey....no sword taste at all.....umm....i love trenchcoats....and of course they don't play with me.....i don't like police....o_0.....i don't want an imitation of anything....i want high quality that would last....i don't plan on replacing expensive swords repeatedly.....or once fot that matter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mmmm, metallic tang...

i have a trench coat... i don't wear it very often, though, because it was tailored for someone who is taller then my shortness. u_u *is small* it looks really kneetoe, though. as for the weapon thing, i stopped carrying a knife when my butterfly knife with the dragon handle my dad gave me got stolen at a concert. [img]frown.gif[/img] stupid cow palace. now i have one of those little one-and-a-half-inch flip knives on a ball chain that does absolutely no good except on hang nails. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast