Thread: Attention Mike Brantley Forum & Shooting 8mm....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

All are welcome to post on this forum. I would gladly respond to your questions on Mr. Brantley's super-8 forum but I have been banned.

Mr. Brantley kind of faded away from his forum a few years ago but out of some kind of loyalty to who knows who, certainly not for the benefit of the super-8 community at large, has imposed what appears to be a lifetime ban on me. (Mr. Brantley has never been banned from this forum)

When it comes to double posting your question on both Mr. Brantley's forum and this one, it's ok to "double-post" your questions since I won't be able to respond to your question if you only post it on the other forum.

And of course, other posters responding to questions are welcomed as well.

I have also stopped posting on Shooting 8mm over a recent topic post I started that was deleted, so this is the best place to contact me, and to talk about super-8 and issues related to Super-8. No hard feelings really, as I have a direct link posted to Shooting 8mm on this forum.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ February 22, 2006 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One aspect of forum interaction that I have been passionately against is the use of multiple ID's.
    Multiple ID's can be used against a particular individual in a myriad of ways.

Multiple ID attacks by one person were used against me when I was on the Brantley forum and were used to verbally attack me.

I have found that "newspaper people" tend to be the biggest abusers of stopping the flow of information by others who they have some kind of petty competition with. I find it a bit ironic that people in the newpspaer business restrict the ability of others in a first ammendment sort of way.

Brantley is not the only one. Other newspapers allow this anti first ammendement behavior when it comes to suffocating informative viewpoints simply because they do not want to share their reader base with anyone else.

Yet these same newspapers will cry foul and first ammendent violations if there own "reporters" are treated in the same manner. I'm not saying every newspaper does this, but when it occurs, it's really a hypocritical double standard that has been put into action.

Ironically enough, I came across a "warning" recently about how one forum deals with the threat of multiple ID's.

-------------------------------------------

"Registration is fast and easy.

We require registration to protect you, the forum, and other users of the forum. Registration enables you to post under your name, while preventing others with malicious intent from posting using your name or other fake names. Registration also helps to prevent spammers from filling the forums with useless information, AND mining email addresses to place on spam lists. Your name and email address will only be used to authenticate that you are a real person and to notify you, if you so choose, when someone replies to your post. You must provide a valid email address as your password will be sent to you via email. Email addresses will not be displayed on your posted message in the forum and they will never be distributed or sold for mailing list purposes.

If you are already registered and feel that you have reached this page in error, please contact us at [email protected].

---------------------------

Whether one uses a real name or not, the overall gist of the above message is one person, one vote.

What a concept! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you are so right, Mr Alex

about those newspaper people.

i've been around for a long, long time and i can say to any new people to super8ing that Mr. Alex knows what the **** he's talking about because he's seen it all and worked for decades promoting and working with super 8.

excuse my french.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and yeah i want to point out that Mr. Alex is a PROFESSIONAL with lots of experience who still values the hobby guys point of viewing things.

this here brantly ****** is just some hobbiest who doesn't have a ******* clue. why does he even have a webbored if he never shows up, huh? s0ome dedication...