Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Cranium:
    I would still like to see an explanation of why you think my statements are self-serving. I do think I deserve at least this much.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">For the record, you registered on Hostboard almost one year later than I did. So apparently you weren't around to see my late night postings on Brantley's forum to existing topics in an effort to make the forum look fresh and vibrant when it was still pretty small. I see now that some thought I was showing off when what I was really doing was just helping (and yes, there were others otherwise I would have had no topics to reply to).

--------------------------------------------

Your "dying in a car accident comment" was self-serving.

The implication being that if I had never acquired a super-8 pin registered camera but still died in a car accident then it would be no big thing.

Even if that is a true statement, it's still self-serving because I have contributed as much as I possibly could given the circumstances of my banning. Suddenly, it's as if I am hoarding information?

[img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and the beat goes on...

...On another forum where Alex can't post because he's apparently been lifetime banned. The Discussion continues without Alex.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jesus, Alex, you're reading way too much into my car accident example. Really, man. I'd be sad to hear of your demise. Truly.
    But I was making a point...
    Anyway.
    Yeah, I'd say you were witholding information. I'm not judging you for it, but read the thread. You have information, and you wouldn't share it. I was simply asking why.

You've posted on the 8mm forum before, quite recently, actually. Why wouldn't you now? But I don't understand why you're miffed about that? You didn't want to discuss these cameras anyway, right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't witheld any information about the camera.
    Posting a picture when I don't have the time to post the picture is not witholding information.

Speaking of withholding information, nice of you to not mention me at all in the new post you started on shooting 8mm.

It's as if I was in a car accident and no longer exist. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh geez...
    I'll send you a Christmas card to make up for the car accident analogy.

I didn't figure you'd want to be implicated in the impending flood of emails that Visual Instrumentation is bound to get.
    You'll please note that I'm serious, and I also removed the contact information from the .pdf.

I'll update my thread, if you like.

BTW- I'm cool with you not having time to post pics. I totally understand that. But really go back and look at the thread. You're being rather secretive, not even revealing the name of the camera, and certainly not describing any of the features in any amount of detail. That's simply my perception, however, and it's quite possible that you've not felt compelled to share this information.
    I did.

So there we go. Paradise Lost, instead of calling me names, and accusing me of attacking Alex, it might occur to you to be thankful that somebody has actually posted the information you requested.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Posted it where? I don't see anything posted on here? Maybe you could provide a link??????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh sorry. I figured you had seen the link in Alex's message.

Here you go.

-------------------

URL link modified per Cranium's request.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ December 03, 2003 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font></font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote]Originally posted by Cranium:

witholding any information from a community of people you claim to serve is a disservice, and such information could tragically be lost along with the holder of said information.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Again. A Self Serving comment. Just what do you think is different from the above comment and my apparently permanent ban from Brantley's forum?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Again, HOW is this self-serving? What do I stand to gain by saying this?

I'm totally at a loss here.

BTW- I had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with you getting banned from anywhere. I don't see any connection between getting banned from someone else's forum, and then going on your own forum- the one you want to flourish and be a source of information- and effectively saying "nyah nyah nyah, I have something really neato that you don't and I'm not tellin' what it is..."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast