Thread: New to Super 8mm with no manual! Please Help!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi,
    I'm new to the film side of shooting. I've worked with all types of digital format but not all sure about Super 8mm film.
    I've just bought a Canon 1014XLS. I would like to learn to do time exposures and timelapses. I have no clue where to start or what type of film to use. i don't have a manual etc.
    I would like to film a street time lapse or street time exposure. Like the PXK effect above.

If someone could reply that would be great. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    Please reply
    Many Thanks
    Phil J W Moreton
    www.09productions.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Phillip.

I have mixed feelings about using such a fine camera for time-lapse. The time-lapse functions are adequate, but the camera does not do time-exposure at all.

The Canon's strengths are it's lens and image stability for real time shooting.

The Time-lapse function it has is a bonus, much better than nothing, but not as good as other cameras that also have time-exposure in addition to time-lapse.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Phil, I'll e-mail you a copy of this manual in a zip file. Post back here or e-mail me back if there are any problems.

I personally own two of the Canon 814XL-S, the same as your 1014XL-S but with a smaller lens and no lap dissolve. So I can't help you with advice on that. But the 814XL-S is really great--its become my favorite camera to shoot with.

So look out for the manual and welcome to the world of Super 8. And good luck with the Canon.

Take care,

Tim