Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I actually went out over Labor Day weekend and shot a roll of K40 to capture a few area landmarks around here. I filmed with my new Canon 814. I just wanted to get a feel for the camera but hope that some of the footage will turn up in the group film that's being planned. I also want to get a feel for the direction my film will take. Has anyone else done any work on the project yet? I am begining to gain more and more interest in it. I'm not really working on anything else right now and it's kind of fun to have a reason to bum around town with a camera and tripod.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine is all planned out, I know exactly what I want the final to look like. Its gonna be a bit of scenery mixed with a local event. I'm waiting for October to shoot and hoping the fall colors are good this year.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 05, 2002 10:43 PM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I loaded my Nikkorex with some B/W super cine-X, but haven't shot anything yet. The weather has been a little too sunny for ASA 200. Maybe this weekend I'll do some.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I shot a cartridge of Ektachrome at an early morning outdoor event last weekend. I used a polarizer and I brought My super cheap tripod.

I was shooting stalks of corn and a field of suburbanites tomato picking. I was filming an event called "pick your own tomatoes".

That darn polarizer just gave me fits! My interpretation of what the polarizer was doing was being goofed up because I was relating it to what happens on a waveform with a video image. Brighter was not necessarily better, or was it?

The Tripod was a pile, but it was handy because the field was muddy and I didn't want to lug around a huge tripod and get it all muddy. Besides, I was also picking tomatoes.

On telephoto shots, I could not get the exact frame I wanted, the camera framing would shift when I tightened the various tripod knobs. One little shift after tightening the knob and the frame would change enough to be considered poor framing.

The cartridge sounded funny when I first starting shooting. I took it out of the camera and gave it a few whacks, shakes and "advanced" the film about 20 frames by pulling it through the Cartridge film gate in a downward path.

All in all I find it cumbersome to participate in an event and film it also. If I show up just to have fun, then I begrudge the fact that I didn't bring my camera to capture the fun time. If I bring my camera and participate, I end up doing both half-arsed.

And I'm not going to drive a long distance for an event such as picking lip-smacking ripe tomatoes and not participate. [img]tongue.gif[/img]