Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey everybody, this is my first time around this forum. I recently bought a Bell and Howell Model 311 camera and I am ridiculously anxious to begin using it, however there are two things that stand in my way. First off, the 2.7 volt batter it uses I can't find anywhere, and secondly I guess I'm just afraid that the camera won't be compatible with the newer types of film out. I bought it at a flea market and it had a cartridge of Kodak Type G Ektrachrome 160 film in it.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's any replacement for this ancient type of battery, and if anyone knows if I'll be able to use the newer types of film like Vision2.

Thanks a lot, hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Definitely go to a rite aid store or some other similar type of store and compare the battery you have with what is currently being made.

If the battery that came with the camera is twice as thick as the ones that are currently made, you might be able to stack two of the new ones in it's place, assuming they create the same size of battery and add up to a similar voltage, but if you do this make sure you don't cross polarity when you stack the two batteries and that it is not a loose fit either.

Then check it after a minute, and again after 2-3 minutes to make sure it is not overheating.

You can use the newer film stocks in your camera. Just do a test on the first cartridge to see how accurate the metering is. Good luck.