Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: super-8mm.net

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just checked out the website, and although I'm not interested in filming and cameras, I am interested in web design.

    First, I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed with the layout, the information flows very well, and it's pretty easy to navigate.

    The main reason I wanted to mention this, is simply because it's something that I recently found out myself. The navigation menu on the right side lags quite a bit when you mouse over the images. The reason for this is that the highlight image is not cached and therefore requires a javascript to run and then download the file everytime. By using css, this can be completely changed.

    just recently, I came across a website: Open Source Web Design that really helped me out when I redesigned My website. I suggest you might want to take a look at those, or possibly just look into learning a small bit of css and implementing it on your site. I know it's minor, but having worked with website design in the past, I know that that can cause problems to visitors.

    But seriously, other than that, i think you did a great job. It looks like you used SiteCreator to design the page, and that is one that I've never used so I can't tell you how it handles (or if it handles) css and some of the other technology.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Was this some type of revenge for me posting to your back topic? [img]wink.gif[/img]

    The template that I used for the site seems to make it pretty simple. Other than inserting jpg's, it's pretty much straightforward. The layout takes shape as one fills in the page with content.

    I really should reread the whole website and make some updates, but I seem to have too many other places to be and things to do so for now I guess it stays as is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •