Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a long time frined of Alex and living in the Midwest. I miss working on shorts and ultra low budget features. Having lived in Los Angeles. Anything going on in Michigan? I have worked as a DP, 1st and 2nd A/C, Grip on student projects. Background as a still photographer corporate and products on location and in the studio. And as a professional radio announcer.

I have a 35MM MOS package, 16 MM (sound ) PKG. and a S7008 that need repair...I thinking of selling..oh yes, an DV pkg. Sony VX-1000.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey,

I too am living in the Midwest(Southern Ohio) after doing the movie thang in LA(and may well return). Currently, I am teaching full time, but have my summers some-what clear so I do get to work on some small projects. This summer I shot a low budget feature on 16mm, with a little of 35mmm and Super-8 thrown in.

My advice to you is check out the local film commissions in Michigan, Ohio (ohiofilm.com), Illinois, and Indiana. That's how I landed this last feature. Also, try to see if there are any local film clubs/organizations. I snagged several projects, including a 35mm feature, through the Columbus Filmmaker's Consortium.

Good luck.

Scott