Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the best way to store proccessed film? Is it alright to keep it in a freezer. Is it better than keeping it in the refrigirator.

What is your best advice for storing processed and not-proccessed flm?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never refrigeratored or frozen film before. I'll be curious to see what others do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You don't need to freeze or refrigerate your film if the expiry date is awhile from whenever you're going to use it. or.. if you're going to use it soon. just store the film in a cool dry place.

if you do refriderate your film, take it out the night or day before you're going to use it, which will prevent condensation and stuff.

for processed film... i think as long as you keep it in a cool dry place, away from heat, the film will stay as good as new.

good luck

jeffery

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

If you wish to store your film in a freezer, you should pack it in a plastic bag and ensure that all the air has been removed. When you want to take the film out for use or processing, allow it to come up to room temperature by letting stand in a temperate climate for a suitable period. Frozen film may take 72 hours to come to suitable useing conditions. Remember it is harsh conditions and sudden changes that effect the film. Try and store your films at a steady temp of less than 15 deg.C and at a relative humidity of 40%. If you want to store your film in a freezer, you may. It works. I shot and kept some still color film stored for 10 years and the results were terrific. But you should only do this if you have nothing else to do in life.

Les