Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bossjock-dp:
    There is a camera store in Grand Rapids MI that has several 8 and super 8 cameras......in their antique collection!

They must not visit this web site.
    </font></font></font></font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

The above has inspired me to suggest that some of you may want to make a paper copy of this forum (preferably in high resolution & color) and keep it handy for those occasions when visiting a Camera Store.

We all have gotten disbelieving looks from Camera shops when we tell them Super-8 is not dead. A paper printout of this forum may help sway a camera shop or two.

If anyone does this, please tell us what the response was. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I took my own suggestion and went into my local camera store. It turns out they are still selling super-8!
    A few years back, they were out of stock and stayed out of stock for a while, so I just assumed they were no longer carrying it.

They sell Super-8 primarily to film students. Even though there are no film schools in our area, film students live in the area, and they come in and buy film.

They don't carry Ektachrome however. The buyer assumes that because Ektachrome is made in France, he can't get it in a timely manner. It once took more than 30 days to get Ektachrome, and as a result he stopped carrying it.

Kodak had inventory problems in the mid and late 90's, and it seems to me that even places that are carrying Super-8 don't know entirely what's going on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right about the stores not knowing what's going on...that one camera store guy said that Kodachrome was the only super 8 film Kodak was still making....BUzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....wrong...aren't they making 4 stocks? Mike

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by MikeyB:
    You're right about the stores not knowing what's going on...that one camera store guy said that Kodachrome was the only super 8 film Kodak was still making....BUzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....wrong...aren't they making 4 stocks? Mike</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

buzzzzzzzz... 5!!

K40
    Ektachrome
    trix
    plusx
    vision 200

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And it really is an excellent variety. Does Kodak spend any money on marketing super-8?

I'm not complaining, since they have a links page on their web and this forum is listed, but it seems some strategic marketing could really have an impact.

Could you imagine just one article in Time-Magazine!
    E-bay PR should market a story on how they have helped rekindle Super-8 via Super-8 Camera Auctions in the late 90's.

Final Cut Pro might even have something to do with the resurgence. Too bad most news stories that don't involve tragedies are really fluff pieces for emerging technologies, the existing technologies be damned.