-
October 15th, 2003, 01:49 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Alex -
Sometimes the best man is one who is not too proud to apologize.
Also, the happiest man is usually the one who decides to act with kindness towards others--even if others choose not to reciprocate.
If only for your own sake, please take a step back and put things in perspective: these discussion boards are not that important. They aren't worth raising your blood pressure over.
- digvid
-
October 15th, 2003, 02:15 AM
#2
HB Forum Moderator
Wouldn't your message have been more apropo if you had inserted the word Matt, or Roger, or Chas, rather than mine?
My forum is currently a landmine of spam posts and very little attention to what the forum is supposed to be about.
Why do you think I'm the one who's angry? [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
October 16th, 2003, 04:53 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Alex -
I can't read your mind, so I can't know whether you are mad or not.
I have observed though that on at least three message boards, you seem always to be surrounded by people who are mad at you.
What I am saying is that there is a way to correct this, by doing the following:
a) Understand that you don't have to defend everything you do or say. Sometimes we do/say things we shouldn't, and the best thing to do is apologize and move on.
b) If you offend/harm someone, do what you need to do to make it right.
c) If someone attacks you without grounds, react kindly anyway (i.e., "be above it all!") and this will usually disarm the situation and engender respect in the person who attacked you.
When I remember to follow these rules myself, it usually results in a less stressful (but slightly more boring) day.
- digvid
-
October 16th, 2003, 04:57 PM
#4
HB Forum Moderator
But it's the same "group" that is mad at me on all three forums. It makes me wonder how much bigger all three forums would be if EVERYONE moved on after situations developed and agreed to respect the idea that the exchange of information on a global level should supercede personal issues.
-
October 17th, 2003, 02:22 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Alex -
Maybe so. You can't change what they do though. You can, however, change what you do. Sometimes if you do that, others will respond in a similar manner.
- digvid
-
October 17th, 2003, 06:09 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Alex,
Digvid has some wise words which you and everyone can follow. Please don't think I'm picking on you. His comments about not defending everything you say is very good. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree and move on.
I was having a diagreement with my lovely wife and things got heated and finally she said, "Do you want to be right or you want to be married?" Telling words which are hard to swallow, but I learned that sometimes you have to follow them so you can live with people.
Anyway, just some things to ponder.
Take care,
Scott
-
October 17th, 2003, 04:18 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Alex, you can accuse me of "spamming" your board, but let's not forget that I had never even LOOKED at this board until you took it upon yourself to interfere with my ebay auction.
I had not mentioned your name on any hostboard for well over a year, and YOU brought me into your life once again.
Start taking responsibility for your own actions, and only then can you start criticising anyone else with any credibility.
Matt Pacini
-
October 17th, 2003, 04:25 PM
#8
HB Forum Moderator
This is a bit of a catch-22 wouldn't you say. If I explain to you why, then I'm defending everything I say...
"Not defending everything I say" as you put it, might not be the root issue here.
The usual suspects come here to not talk super-8. Why judge how I deal with people who don't want to talk about Super-8 rather than judge how the forum works when people DO talk about Super-8.
Why give credence to the non Super-8 topics over the Super-8 topics? How do you score me when people have posted about Super-8 issues, or is that a non-issue? Why don't we all stick to what works, which is asking questions about Super-8.
I think you're forgetting the forest for the trees.
Remember, they've "tolerated me" this past year, and that's all that really needs to be said, it's sad that you even contemplate their non super-8 words that are "full of sound and fury yet signify nothing."
-
October 17th, 2003, 08:26 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Look, Alex, you interfered in Matt's auction, it cost him money, and you know it was wrong. So why don't you just do the honorable thing and admit that you made an error in judgement by interfering in his auction and apologize for your actions? That's what any other decent, intelligent person would do. Why can't you? Apologizing won't refund Matt's money that he lost but at least you could retain a modicum of credibility in this situation and I'm sure you would like for it to end. Do the right thing.
-
October 17th, 2003, 09:06 PM
#10
HB Forum Moderator
Look Roger, you interfered in Alex's stay on Brantley's forum. It cost him money a valuable communication tool, and you know it was wrong. So why don't you just do the honorable thing and admit that you made an error in judgement by interfering in his stay on Brantley's forum and apologize for your actions? That's what any other decent, intelligent person would do. Why can't you? Apologizing won't refund all the lost opportunties for communication that Alex lost but at least you could retain a modicum of credibility in this situation and I'm sure you would like for it to end. Do the right thing.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks