Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Stills of your favorite film/video project Here!!!

TA 152

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 31, 2003 05:38 PM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font></font>
    ------------------------------------------------

Original Message reinserted by the Moderator to keep this topic thread intact.

[quote]Originally posted by vt220:
    and s8 booster, she is a real smoker (not so heavy these days) but not a real actor - i think she was nervous.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Valid - just curious.

Sure it does the trick [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img] (I hope that is a cigar? - a Havana?)

R

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 02, 2003 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    For one, the girl looks to be under 18, has way too much lipstick on,
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">she's 27 and did her own makeup.

and most importantly, the message being stated is that creativity comes from smoking. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">not sure where you got that, as there is no allusion to her being creative. she's a consumer - the spot says its okay to enjoy things that are considered illicit by our society, things like cigarettes, or really obnoxious droning feedback of the type played at this music festival. the spot is aimed at a very distinct audience, and i think they'll respond well.

Now, from a visual point of view, it would have been really cool if you could have boomed the camera up from beneath the table.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">yeah. i intentioanlly wanted all the shots to be static though. camera movement usually draws the viewer into the image, and i wanted the viewer to be more of an outsider on this spot.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2003 03:38 AM: Message edited by: vt220 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My reaction was based on a chain reaction. Because she looks so young, the heavy lipstick makes me uncomfortable.

Then she's looking up into the corner in a pensive, "high" mood at the end of spot while the word "Experimental" comes up on the screen.

It left me with the message that a young kid can get creative by smoking. I'm not saying that is your message, just that that is how it impacted me.

You probably have noticed that film needs way less make-up than video, but the actress probably didn't know, hench the super-red lips. But that can be considered very commercial, so just because I didn't like the red lips doesn't really mean much.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 28, 2003 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

Inactive Member syracusefilm.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw it, I think he did a good job, nice lighting! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I'll post some stills of my film test next week(whether some like it or not)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2003 12:02 PM: Message edited by: syracusefilm.com ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by syracusefilm.com:
    I saw it, I think he did a good job, nice lighting!
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">thanks.

and alex, after reading your comments, i noticed gyour comments that quicktime compression really saturated the red, making her lipstick look kinda smeary. doesn't look like that in the actual spot.

anyway, here's a still from a music video i dp'd last weekend.

holiday

16mm, 7248 EXR 100T, T1.8 (!)

this shoot was fricking difficult, because:

1. shooting 100T film in a cavernous space with a limited lighting package (~4k) while trying to light a 5 person band artfully is no fun.

2. the shoot started at 9pm and i got home at 7:30am. OUCH. thank god i got paid.

3. i was stuck at T1.8 all night, which limited my lens choice.

i had wanted to shoot some stuff of the singer wandering around in super8, but i still can't get my 4008 to work.

overall, i'm pretty satisfied with the job i did, but it was a definite challenge, and i'd love to do some stuff over, but oh well.

you can watch the finished video here.

anybody else got anything?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The still looks very cool. I'm in the midst of loading FCP-4 or I would gladly look at the clip.

Looking forward to seeing the clip. Very gutty of you to use such a low ASA, why did you choose such a low ASA?

Are you having battery problems with the 4008?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BW BW BW. I'd love to see you add more contrast to the piece by making at least half of it in BW.

Ektachrome 125 should match your 100 Neg in terms of being almost equivalent f-stop settings. (for future shoots) I liked the fog effects.

With all the NLE digital zoom in effects going on these days, lol, I was kind of waiting for a couple of those to be throw into the mix.

I guess I'd like to see some grain and BW thrown into the mix from the existing footage you already shot, the constant mixing of these three different looks will give it additional edginess.

Thanks for sharing. You are cranking! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Alex:
    Ektachrome 125 should match your 100 Neg in terms of being almost equivalent f-stop settings. (for future shoots) I liked the fog effects.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">that's the stock i wanted to shoot, but it just didn't work out for this project.

Thanks for sharing. You are cranking! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">thanks. got another music promo, a commercial, and a short film this month still to come. yay!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VT, is the commercial you shot running on the air right now?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just thought I'd bump this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast