0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hi,

advice please:

when i select 'auto B' on the Nizo xx1 series, do i also select 'B' setting, for the red variable shutter lever, please?

this would have the effect of locking the aperture open - as for long stills exposures on a manual SLR [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

thanks,

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

I seem to recall that sliding the red variable shutter lever interfaces with the intervalometer knob. I think the way it works is when you slide the lever over it reverses the function of the intervalometer. Instead of the shutter being open for approximately 1/60th of a second, then closed for whatever duration you select, the shutter is actually open for the intervalometer duration and then closes when the frame is automatically advanced, and the process repeats.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks Alex - yes, i have it now, the shutter cuts in every time the film is advanced - rapidly in bright light, 1 frame per second, in very poor light: can't wait to see the results!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

ric

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hmmm, maybe I told you the wrong thing because there is a combination in which you can control the length of the time-exposure to whatever you want it to be via the intervalometer dial.

Time exposure is practically limitless in it's potential to create unique imagery so using the light sensor and letting it set the exposure length can also produce interesting results.

Just remember that if light directly hits the light sensor it will prematurely trigger the exposure, making the time of the exposure potentially too quick.

However, if lights are intermittently hitting the light sensor, than the image and speed of motion in the shot will throb faster and slower, lol, in other words, it's all potentially good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes!

i just got back the reel which was correctly set for auto 'B' - it looks very exciting, but i need to transfer it to hard drive then reverse it (colour negative) - but what i've seen through the loup looks pukka!

an earlier reel was set to auto 'B' yet i forgot to lock the shutter open - but this also yielded some unexpectedly creative results!

what a clever camera!

;-)