Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an old Synchronex Mark IV camera and cassette recorder combo,thinking about attempting to use it with my Canon 814 AZ.The Canon sound port was designed to accomodate Bell and Howell Filmosound system.As far as I know,the systems were very similar,the main difference being the umbilical cable.Synchronex used a 1/4 inch plug and the B&H uses a mini.Just wondering if the standard adaptor would work.I'm thinking about getting synced scratch audio in the field and later re recording in an ADR session.
    Anyone familiar with these two systems enough to know if they're compatible?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

If I'm not mistaken since you have all the pieces do a test without shooting any film. I believe what will determine success for you is if the camera speeds up and slows down the recorder as you change the frames per second rate on the camera.

If you see the recorder slow down and speed up as you slow down and speed up the camera then answer is a resounding yes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not necessarily.I'm not sure but I think the system just recorded the pulses and later used them to control the speed of the projector,or whatever Synchronex used.If I'm not mistaken,Synchronex never offered a DIY trnasfer system the way others did.I think you were supposed to ship them your film and cassette and they returned a striped film with transferred sound.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a link to a fellow owner of a synchronex, just posted earlier today.

http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...c/f/405/t/1510

If you two want to share your exchanges on either topic it will help build up the topic for others who may do searches about this camera system in the future.

-Thanks in advance.