Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know where to start, I need to rent equiptment, mine is not what I want (stop motion). What equiptment, as in pretty much everything to the gels I don't know what to get, do I need and who do I need to hire to deal with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

That would depend. Technically, you can make do with a cast who can improvise and a camcorder. The idea being (to copy 'The Comic Strip' when they did the rock-star film) that you run around in a van and when an area looks good to film, pile out and film the scene. When you are finished (or police/land-owners turn up) pile into the van and leave.

Mind you, I would recommend a few more things.

A camera - if you are making internet or TV films, an S-VHS camera is about the same quality as a TV broadcast. It saves converting the format.

At least one friend with a van - the little extras that you collect add up. Also, it helps to have most of the cast and crew in as few different vehicles as possible.

Microphones - The mic on your camera is good but not perfect. Put it on a stand and you can even aim it at the actors.

LX tape - Also known as electrical tape. It comes in many colours and is a little more narrow than sellotape. It is good for turning multiple cables into one big bundle, trust me...

Gaffa tape - Go into a REAL hardware shop, they will know what you mean. It is a bit like duct tape but IT IS NOT. Matt black and gloss white or black is a good start. Note - You will run out of it quite fast, because it is more useful than any other substance known to man.

A Leatherman or Gerber Multitool - Screw-drivers, blades and pliers will always be needed. So will bottle-openers...

A Maglite torch - You always need a torch, especially if you do not have one.

A mobile phone - Trust me on this one.

Spare batteries - For the camera, for the torches, for the phone, for anything that can be battery-powered.

Power leads - for anything that can be mains-powered (not a substitute for batteries, an extra)

A sturdy belt - You would be amazed what you can attach to a belt. If something can fit in a pocket or a belt-holder, you will have it when you need it.

------------------
    Genesius films
    We make... stuff.