Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

OK this is what i got, about 12 teens ready to act, only about 4 with lots of will for it. A movie gun (loud), a small town, woods, a script in making, a mini DV camera, stage blood, and about 50 bucks at most. Is there any ideas that can help us out to make this CHEAP and still quality?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, write a good script.

I guess the hardest part from this scenario is the sound - if you want it to be quality, you can't use the on-board mic the camera comes with. See if you can borrow a good mic and cable and run it into the camera, then have a seperate person holding it.

Do you want to make a short or a feature? If it's a feature, you'll spend $50 just on miniDV tapes.

You have the right idea: figuring out your assets - the prop gun, woods, etc - and writing around them.

How are you going to edit it? If you have a Mac, maybe you can score a copy of Final Cut Pro. If you buy it, it's about $1000 I think.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You probably know this, but if you are using blanks, they can be just as dangerous as the real thing. Never fire the blanks at anyone, including your cameraperson.

And you should probably off your characters in order of dependability. The least dependable get offed first, the most reliable get offed last, if at all.

Oh, don't forget to feed your cast and crew REGULARLY.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

alright thanks alot...its not gonan be feature. We are way amateur, and yeah i didnt think about the sound but thanks. Ill look into it. I think my friend who im making this with already has editing material. And i didnt know blank shots were dangerous. Ill keep that in mind. thanks again. Keep helping if anyone wants. I still need advice

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey,

head on over to either "Super 8 filmmaking in the digital age" or "super 8 filmmaking" or exposures guerilla filmmaking forum"

These may not be directlty connected but theres loads more people to offer you help, even the Super 8 forums contain people with loads of technical knowlage about how to shoot movies and to help you with sound.

The only advice I can offer is too keep the camera angle interesting, from strange angles rather then just straight on

Good luck

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh man camera angles is something you DONT have to event hink abot, I love making cool angles, i am pretty good too. That is a huge factor to the energy and excitement so thanks.