Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm new to super 8 and have the opportunity to buy both a sankyo 600XL and a 620XL. I've checked prices and they're reasonable. I have also been guaranteed that the cameras are in perfect working order. Are these cameras worth buying? What are some general positives and negatives about them? Are they good cameras for a beginner to start out with? I do plan to actively shoot with them so what's the final word on sankyo? Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance, T.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I mostly deal with Sankyo cameras myself and the XL600 series are one of the best. They have excellent features that only a Canon 1014XL could rival, including of course an intervelometer, laps dissolve, fade in/out, single frame, differing frame rates, etc.
    How much are they asking for one? I would not pay anything more than $150 (AUS), for a reasonable camera with a good lens. For a mint condition one, I wouldpay double that.
    Check the lens. That is the most important part. If you see spots, the spots will be seen on the film once projected. But then again, it depends on where the spots are, so a test film would be a good idea.
    I have a few Sankyos for sale, but they are not as feature-rich as the XL models.