Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have just bought some 500T/7218 film that I would like to use with my Nikon R10 Super - how will I do the exposure reading or will it recognise this cartridge??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The cartridge is notched for film speed of ISO 640 but since the cartridge has [normally - check] no filter notch the cam will set it to 400D which means it is actually set to ISO 400 but the internal 85 filter which converts daylight to 3400K is totally diasabled.

If you carve out the filter notch the cam will set the film speed to ISO 640 so you will have to set the exposure compensation dial to -1/3 stop (think i remember correctly but verify) to get a true ISO 500T setting which also allows you to use the built in daylight correction filter if you like setting the film speed to 320 for daylight use.

you may well use the exposure compensation dial to set the film to ISo 400 which may supress the grain somewhat and still be in position to use the built in 85 filter when you want - if the filter notch is modified to allow use of it.

r

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why not just simply go on manual iris and use a handheld light meter?