Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    As a matter of fact, I do!

    Call Irv Higdon in California, he used to work for Elmo and Beaulieu back in the day.
    He is a cool cat, but very, very busy, so beware. He is a repair for Elmo and Beaulieu equipment. Im sure he can help.
    1 800 831 6797
    Scott

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bethanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks much. I will give him a call.

    Beth

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bethanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Greetings! I am a newbie to 8mm film and as a lover of indie films, all your sites and discussions are rapidly peaking my interest. However, today I have a more practical request. My boyfriend and I edit videos and do a little transfer from 8mm to VHS video as part of it. The belt on our Elmo projector has broken. Any suggestions on how to repair a broken projector belt or where to locate a new belt?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2000
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex:
    You're becoming the defacto editor here. Everything you revived yesterday is good examples all of what this forum has been great at generating. You're almost creating a Classics or Top 10 category for great discussions. Cool.
    /Pat

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found the following two posts on page six of this forum....


    trevor1
    Junior Hostboard Member

    Posts: 3
    Registered: Nov 2000
    posted November 19, 2000 21:28

    Never toss away an old belt!Take it to a Hydraulics shop and get them to match it up with an
    O ring.O rings come in all sizes and are good substitute belts on projectors.Only cost a
    couple of cents as well!If a spring belt goes or is missing from an old projector it is best
    to ask for substitutes on a forum like this.These belts are meant to slip whilst machines are
    operating.It is no good replacing them with O rings.Mostly spring belts are found on the feed
    and take-up systems of old projectors.

    IP: Logged
    Nigel
    Senior Hostboard Member

    Posts: 211
    Registered: May 2000
    posted November 20, 2000 12:31

    I agree--I have an Eiki EX-6000 Xenon upright theater projector in my home theater. The arm
    on the head broke--well Eiki and other places wanted a huge price for a belt--So I went to
    the Auto parts store and bought an O-ring for 25 Cents!!! The only thing that you may need to
    buy from the maker is the timing belts often these are special(at least for my projector they are).




    [This message has been edited by Alex (edited February 17, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bethanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex

    Thanks much for finding this for me. I read through most of the January and February posts for information, but didn't go back far enough to find this. I know re-answering questions is pretty tedious and I really appreciate your help.

    Beth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •