Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: BLEACH

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 28th, 2000
    Posts
    204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There are numerous, & that is not an exaggeration, books on photographic chemicals & alternative developing. Their techniques apply to any film process. Do some research. And perhaps I didn't say that with enough emphasis, so I'll repeat that comment: Do some research.

    Making your own chemicals, particularly when the chemicals are common, run-of-the-mill products, seems an immense waste of time. You want to make bleach?

    Unless your interests are chemistry & not imagery, surely you're kidding.

    /Pat

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gbv's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2001
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was reading about the D-76 negitive process for B/W film, and noticed that on one of the messages, that the positive imace could not be made because the bleaching step was skipped. I was wondering if the bleching step was added to the D-76 process if there would be a positive? also I have heard that you can make your own bleach, does any one know the materials, and mixing instructions? And last for the does any one have any other alternive processes that they have seen, or used. thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know the mix for "Bleach". Yes, you can use D76 for your first and second developer but it does not look as good. Marten Baumgarten will give you instructions as well email him at [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •