Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: filter

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two questions, I have a Vivitar super 8 camera that has a built in #85 filter. This is the first time that I'll be using the filter. What I want to know that when I put the key in is the filter disengaed or not? Second question, I'm going to be shooting outdoors on a sunny day using K-40 film, would someone let me know if it's better to shoot with the filter or without it? I'm just a bit lost, I'd really appreciate it if someone cleared this up for me.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This filter thing can be very confusing.
    K-40 is balanced for tungsten light. So, you need the
    filter for daylight shooting. So, remove the filter
    key. Best way to understand this is, if you can;
    run the camera with no film in it; leave the camera
    door open and look through the gate. Point the camera
    outside so you have enough light. Is the light orange?
    If so, your filter is in place. Put the key back in
    and look again. The light should be normal.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    If you want your film to be properly exposed, then USE the filter. If you don't use you filter, the color will look off, I believe it will look blue. K40 film is balanced at 25 asa outdoors, and 40 asa in doors. You don't need to use your filter when shooting (primarly indoors) with artifical lights. Just stay away from flourescent light, it will turn your film green. Cool. Han

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    If you want your film to be properly exposed, then USE the filter. If you don't use you filter, the color will look off, I believe it will look blue. K40 film is balanced at 25 asa outdoors, and 40 asa in doors. You don't need to use your filter when shooting (primarly indoors) with artifical lights. Just stay away from flourescent light, it will turn your film green. Cool. Han

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •