Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: brokenbeaulieu5008battery

  1. #1
    munoz
    Guest munoz's Avatar

    Post

    hi.my name is julien munoz, i'm french so excuse my english.The battery of my beaulieu 5008s is broken. Can you give my informations for adapting this camera to work with new battery?
    The "www.tiac.net/users/mjs2/celluloid/beauliea.htm" talk about 4008ZM-II but not 5008s. thanks

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Jean Poirier
    Guest Jean Poirier's Avatar

    Post

    La meilleure solution serait sans doute de contacter la maison Beaulieu.
    The best way would be to contact Beaulieu.
    beaulieu-images.com

    Bonne chance.


    ------------------

  3. #3
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Wink

    Julien,

    I, too, own a Beaulieu 5008... and my battery was shot, as well, when I bought it.

    I elected to purchase a whole new battery and charger from Guy Bodart. You'll like him... he's French, too. smile

    The new battery pack will allow you to burn more than 12 carts of film before needing to be recharged, which takes about 8 hours or so for a full charge.

    I've been very happy with it, but it's costly... around $300 or so.

    You can also contact Irv Higdon... he, too, is manufacturing after-market battery packs for the Beaulieu 5008... he mentioned this to me when he serviced my 5008. A grumpy, yet nice old fellow... he'll talk your ear off. Good stories!

    Try Guy Bodart at
    702-434-7051

    Try Irv Higdon at http://www.irvhigdon.com/
    or
    [email protected]
    or
    818-831-6797
    (if you call, speak slowly and clearly... he's a bit hard of hearing)

    Hope this helps!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    riionheimo
    Guest riionheimo's Avatar

    Post

    I have heard that new batteries are not available. This may be not true but anyway: Easiest thing to do is to contact some company that makes new batteries. The new components are smaller and they can easily be put in the cover of the damaged one. Just add some extra weight if you wnt to balance the new accu to same weight than the older.

    -Tomi

    ------------------
    Tomi Riionheimo

  5. #5
    el don
    Guest el don's Avatar

    Post

    you should contact beaulieu at www.beaulieu.fr . If you mail them they will answer very very quickly. They have a reparation department, so i guess they can
    fix your battery.(sorry for my english but i'm french too)

    ------------------

  6. #6
    tom*
    Guest tom*'s Avatar

    Post

    I found that it was very easy to adapt another type of battery for my 5008. Not only is this very cheap but my battery lasts much longer than the original.

    I used a 7.2v radio control car battery pack wwhich are fairly universal. They contain two cells in each pack, so it is easy to tap off the 3.6v the camera needs in addition to the 7.2v.

    I connected the bettery to the camera using the shell of the old battery with a 3pin xlr type connector mounted in the end. Fom the battery was a .5 meter curly cable with an xlr plug on the end.

    You can do all this so it looks very pro, works very well, has a large capacity and a ready supply of additional rechargables available in any model shop, as well as car chargers etc.

    The cost of the convertion including a belt clip for the battery came to arround 15 english pounds (about 23 us$).

    If you like leave your email address on the board and I can mail you better instructions.

    Tom

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Monstrukt's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tom*:
    I found that it was very easy to adapt another type of battery for my 5008. Not only is this very cheap but my battery lasts much longer than the original.

    ...

    If you like leave your email address on the board and I can mail you better instructions.


    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Could you please send me instructions about the right polation at the camera battery mount?

    [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •