Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: fresh

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!

    I just sent my first film into developing. Yet I am a keen photographer (half professional), but I am taking my first step in Super 8 films. I would really like to know if it is possible to develop super 8 films at home by the same method I develop normal photo films (color)? Eventhough processing costs are already included in film price here, I don't like the idea of waiting the whole month (at least) to get developed film.

    thanks in advance

    ------------------
    yours,
    marjan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ektachrome can be processed in e6, yes (but not kodachrome). there are some extra steps, and the color fidelity will not be quite 100%, but it will be perfectly acceptable. i've never tried it myself, but i've viewed footage that was home processed and it looked great. you'll be able to find how-to's if you do a search on google.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ekoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 26th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ralph dickenson's hand processing site should help: http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~ralph/proce.../contents.html
    there's a discussion forum there, as well.
    definitely check it out.
    -ekoe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •