Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Cameras

  1. #1
    Inactive Member marjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi!
    How much do you think it is a normal price for professional (used) camera from "the golden" age of Super 8 films (so I am not talking about a new camera)?
    Do you think there are some that can simply exchange SLR lenses like at Beaulieu?

    And; could someone that knows a lot please rate my camera; it is Yashica SU-60 E.

    Thanks in advnce,

    ------------------
    yours,
    marjan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a Beaulieu 4008ZMII I think that if you wanted one that was fully serviced then you can expect to pay around 1000.00 US Dollars.

    I love my Beaulieu and would never give it up so that is what I am going to recomened. Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Marjan

    There a few super 8 cameras that has removable lenses such as the Beaulieu series.
    Beaulieu labled the 4008zm2 (or 4008 I believe) as the first professional super 8 camera. Beaulieu still makes the camera, and are being sold once again in Germany. www.wittner-kinotechnik.de is a website you should check out.
    But there are other cameras out there besides beaulieu that provide close to professional results, the higher end Canons (1014e, 1014xl-s), and Nizo's, but it can be purely subjective. Everybody has their personal favorites.
    As far as cost. For the Beaulieu series, look to pay around $700.00 - 1500.00 for a restored or remanufactured camera, and possibly a lot more for the higher series from Beaulieu (6008 series and up)
    But you can find deals.
    I'll post some more information later.
    Im not sure of the value of your Yashica, but it might be worth learning on first.

    Good luck
    Scott

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •