Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Overexposure

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am very new to film and I have a question about overexposure. When shooting outside with auto exposure and it's too bright, do I
    do manual exposure and put the needle in the middle? Do I need a ND filter or what?

    Thanks,
    Levi

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you need an nd filter, unless you have a variable shutter that you can close. if you can't stop down enough in automatic mode, you can't in manual either.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Also, don't use ecktachrome for outdoors.

    "slower" ASA films are essential if you are filming outdoors.

    -Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •