Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 16mm

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Foxfurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2000
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can anyone tell me about some good webpages to visit on the subject of 16mm. I do a lot of animation. And, because of the time it takes to shoot, I can afford to shoot on this larger format biggrin
    Of course, I'll still shoot on super8, especially when working on a project that requires a lot of stock.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tashunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    dont' want to sound like a dick...but 65mm and 70mm are the same thing...the optical track takes up 5mm so some people call it 65....

  3. #3
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What do you want to knownow? Film is film.
    Most rules apply to all formats; 8mm, super8
    16mm, 9.5mm, 35mm, 65mm and 70mm. Oh yes, and those
    other huge formats...something Max.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I shoot both Super8 and both 16mm formats. I really like this site for the Super8 but I think that Cinematography.com is a great place for 16mm. It has a lot of links and some helpful people. Good Luck

  5. #5
    Inactive Member phillipx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2000
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't want to sound argumentative, so I am sorry before hand. But there IS in fact a difference between 65mm and 70mm.
    65mm was used as an effects format for years, for films that were originating on 35mm. It was used for travelling mattes/optical work. The reason it was used was to keep the image preservation when they reduced the opticals to 35mm. Mitchell and Panavision both made 65mm cameras and...as a matter of fact...Birns and Sawyer used to sell the Mitchell 65mm's. 70mm was used as an actuall filming medium similar to 35mm. Such films as Indianna Jones and The Last Cruisade and Titanic were shot on 70mm. Unfortunately, do to the cumbersome size and improved 35mm filmstock, 70mm has been discontinued. But if you go to Studio Film and Tape's website, I believe that they still sell 65mm however, I am not sure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •