Hi Mattias!
I?ve been looking for a film shooting software crack since long time.
Perhaps you just realized, that I have designed TTL-based hardware that can be used to run a projector or a tape machine in frame accurate sync to a tape, sound CD or coumputer. This allows either editing on analouge tape or projecting real film on a big screen with lip sync sound. Or transfer that double system sound to sound stripe. There are many many applications for that hardware and it is using 1 pulse per frame as syncing reference.

The bottleneck is, that the hardware is rather complex and time intensive to built and test. THerefore I was thinking about a microcomputer based solution. At www.conrad.com you?ll find a hardware module called C-CONTROL. This is a 8bit microprocessor with RS232 interface and a lot of in- and output ports for universal use. The controller is programmable in a special Basic version.

This standard hardware could serve as a synchronizer for film equipment as it is. Only few add hardware would be required, to interface with the projectors and recorders or PC soundcard and to supply a user interface. The main concern is the software to be uploaded to the microcontroller via RS232 interface.

Wouldn?t it be a great idea to design such a software and offer it for who is interested? The main part of the hardware could be bought at Conrad.com and the software could be downloaded from a web page and then uploaded to the c-control hardware by the user. THe remaining interface hardware I could provide.

In Germany there is a manufacturer who sells such a ready intelligent synchronizer, but it costs about USD 1000, only in the basic version! The c-control costs only about 50...100 depending on the version! Add. hardware would not be so expensive.

THis way we would have a complete system: resolving software for nle editing and synchronizer for coupling a tape machine, motor viewer for master cutting or a projector for screening! Wouldn?t it be great?

Pedro

------------------