Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Deep Throat

Matt Pacini

Well, the problem with politicizing everything, is that first of all, it makes no sense to do that, and second, it causes all common sense to go out the window.

My evidence is that here are a bunch of filmmakers, who should know better, commenting on the characters an actress plays, as if that's interchangeable with the actress herself.
    She was an actress, remember?
    Those were just characters she played, that were written by writers, directed by directors, etc.
    It's not reality, OK?
    Jeez....
    Besides, she was a mediocre actress, who's career was almost totally gone when she died.
    Her image now, is just a visual image, like a logo on a cereal box.
    To think she somehow represents what an entire generation or sex thinks, is really bizarre beyond belief.

Matt Pacini

------------------

Alex

uh, I gave my reasons, they are irrefuteable.

------------------
    Alex

Matt Pacini

Nobody's reasons are irrefuteable, I think it's arrogant to say that.
    Besides, you've bought into Osama's spin on this, hook line & sinker.
    The idea that this is some kind of retaliation against unfair western capitalistic corporate practices, is quite hysterical, considering that Bin Laden is a multi-millionaire businessman himself, and his family is even richer than he is.
    He has a degree in economics, he has had huge construction development businesses in Sudan and other places.
    In other words, he's a CEO of some major money making enterprises himself!
    If anything, he's doing this to knock out his prime business competitor, the west, so he can dominate the business in the middle east himself.
    How can you guys say some millionaire like Bin Laden is rebelling against millionaire businessmen?
    Again, no logic to your argument, whatsoever, since he himself is just like the "evil greedy corporate CEO's" that you so despise, only he's going way beyond what even you accuse them of, and actually intentionally murdering his competition!

Matt Pacini

------------------

Alex

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    Nobody's reasons are irrefuteable, I think it's arrogant to say that.
    Besides, you've bought into Osama's spin on this, hook line & sinker.
    The idea that this is some kind of retaliation against unfair western capitalistic corporate practices, is quite hysterical, considering that Bin Laden is a multi-millionaire businessman himself, and his family is even richer than he is.
    He has a degree in economics, he has had huge construction development businesses in Sudan and other places.
    In other words, he's a CEO of some major money making enterprises himself!
    If anything, he's doing this to knock out his prime business competitor, the west, so he can dominate the business in the middle east himself.
    How can you guys say some millionaire like Bin Laden is rebelling against millionaire businessmen?
    Again, no logic to your argument, whatsoever, since he himself is just like the "evil greedy corporate CEO's" that you so despise, only he's going way beyond what even you accuse them of, and actually intentionally murdering his competition!

Matt Pacini
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You lost me after the first sentence.

You're right, I was being arrogant.

No woman comes close to Marilyn Monroe in publicity from the last half of last century.
    (I believe that to be an irrefuteable statement)

For Shame on our ways for allowing that to happen.

------------------
    Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited October 15, 2001).]

Actor
    According to The History of Sex: the XY Factor, which aired on the History Channel last week, Deep Throat was shot on 35mm.

Jayne Mansfield and Mamie van Doren made some soft core film. I refer you to Three Nuts in Search of a Bolt and Promises! Promises! The latter was trying to capitalize on another film with a similar title.

------------------

ulrichsd

> In other words, he's a CEO of some
    >major money making enterprises himself!

And don't forget his biggest money-making biz, opium production. Does anyone else find it somewhat comical that someone who parades around as a disciple of Allah makes so much money by the exploitation of heroin? The Muslim religion doesn't allow drinking alcohol, but I don't know what it says about smack...

------------------

Alex

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Actor:
    According to The History of Sex: the XY Factor, which aired on the History Channel last week, Deep Throat was shot on 35mm.

Jayne Mansfield and Mamie van Doren made some soft core film. I refer you to Three Nuts in Search of a Bolt and Promises! Promises! The latter was trying to capitalize on another film with a similar title.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Allegedly, Jayne Mansfield had a brilliant mind who just went along with what was expected of her. For Shame again.

------------------
    Alex

dogstarman

I think we all need to congradulate ULRICHSD for the most creative and entertaining use of the words "Muslim" and "smack" in a sentence... I've been thinking the same thing for weeks.

------------------

crimsonson

How about Christian Crack?

------------------

chas_ucla

Hmm....
    "Muslim Smack!"
    Now that would be a great title for a lurid Super-8 production...

------------------

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast