-
May 25th, 2001, 09:51 PM
#1
Inactive Member
There is a camera that I want to buy on eBay, but it only runs at 18fps. I've never shot a film at 18fps and I was wondering if you could tell the difference between that and 24fps. Is the motion the same?
-
May 25th, 2001, 09:52 PM
#2
Inactive Member
And I also wanted to know if there's a place online I could see a super 8 film shot at 18fps.
-
May 25th, 2001, 10:52 PM
#3
Inactive Member
unfortunately you can tell a film that has been shot at 18fps. 24fps is the standard for recording sound, and 18fps is often called the standard frame rate for silent (you do get 25% more time per cartridge). Really though if you can get a camera with 24fps you should aim to shoot at that. The commercial standard used in the bigger formats is 24fps, because this is the minimum speed where your brain can be tricked into thinking that a sequence of still frames is a fluid moving picture. 18fps looks ok, but its a little jerky and makes you feel you are watching a home movie.
-
May 25th, 2001, 11:30 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Okay,
Thanks. I think i will just go for a 24fps camera.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks