Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cement

  1. #1
    kittyunicorn
    Guest kittyunicorn's Avatar

    Post

    Silly question, how do you apply the film cement? I don't want to harm the film with random fragments (like brush hairs).
    I actually have some splicing tape I'm going to use up before I get into the cement... but the consensus seems to be that the cement is better.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Mr Blackstock
    Guest Mr Blackstock's Avatar

    Post

    The bottle i bought came without a brush so i bought a very fine paintbrush(watercolour) and apply a thin cement layer, then quickly clamp it.

    You do have a cement splicer?

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I got a Bauer cement splicer on ebay, and some Kodak cement at a photo store, and it's so easy it's amazing.
    Just use only a little cement.
    If you have a good splicer setup, you can't do it wrong.
    Matt

    ------------------

  4. #4
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    The Bolex cement splicer is constructed in a way, that the amount of cement nearly does not affect the result. There in no risk of cement spots in areas near the splice, like with many other models. This precision is really amazing! I was told, that this is one of the only cement splicers which work with the correct pressure to garant thin splices.
    Pedro

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •