-
May 29th, 2000, 09:19 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I don't have a super 8 camera yet but I would like to get one. What should I get? Is there anything special I should look for in a camera? Where is the best place to buy one? Also, what is best place to buy film?
-
May 29th, 2000, 09:37 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Get a camera from a thrift shop or a garage sale. I've found lots of excellent cameras for 40 dollars or less (canadian). As far as film goes...you can get it directly from Kodak at www.kodak.com. I was just at www.netphotostore.com and they will let you make an offer on film. They also seem to have pretty good prices.
As far as what to look for in a camera......Bring along 6 aa batteries when you go to the thrift shops. Most cameras take 4 but some 6. Look in the battery compartment and check for old leaky batteries or evidence of a battery leak or severe corrosion on the contacts. Check the lens for scratches and mold growing inside it. Throw in your batteries and listen to how smooth the camera runs there shouldn't be too much cliking and claking but definitely some noise. As far as options, manual exposure, good zoom on the lens and different frame rates are options I always look for. Single shot is great too. This allows you to do animation and time lapse. Some cameras even have a built in doo hickey to do time lapse. Some good brands to look for are Canon, Sankyo, Nizo, Nikon. There are lots of others too.
Happy hunting,
tash.
-
May 31st, 2000, 04:54 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I have a friend in California who is great to get cameras from. His name is Irv Higdon and he has been around for years he used to work for Hervic and Beaulieu back in the day. He is a real straight shooter and will sell you a nice camera that you know will work. Call him his number is 1-800-318-3259. Tell him Adam sent you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks