Thread: Bauer S709XL

jukkasil

I just found this great forum!

One question concerning Bauer S709XL super 8 sound camera. I just bought this type of camera from ebay and I'm just waiting to receiving it during next days.

What are differences between 709 and 715 models, I haven't found much info about 709 from net (of course more of 715), so hope here is someone who is familiar with this model and could help me.

Anyway camera is in mint condition (like a new as seller describe it) and everything works.

Regards

Jukka Sillanpaa
    Finland

------------------

Matt Pacini

I owned a 715XL-S until just last week when I had to sell it (sigh...).
    Anyway, I also had the manual (which I scanned and will be selling shortly on ebay!), and it covers both the 715 & 709.
    From what I can tell, the only diff is the lens, which is not an Angeniuex, and is not as long a zoom.
    I don't remember seeing any other differences.
    One cool thing, is that with the continous macro lens, you can pull focus from infinity, right up to the lens surface just by turning the focus ring.
    You don't have to mess with some other control for macro.
    Nice camera...

Matt Pacini

------------------

jukkasil

Thanks Matt for fast reply!

You wrote:

"I owned a 715XL-S until just last week when I had to sell it (sigh...).
    Anyway, I also had the manual (which I scanned and will be selling shortly on ebay!), and it covers both the 715 & 709.
    From what I can tell, the only diff is the lens, which is not an Angeniuex, and is not as long a zoom."

OK, do you remember, is there in Bauer's manual any mention of manufacture for 709 lens (perhaps Schneider-Kreuznach or Bauer's own lens)?

My camera is coming with the same manual, I think, you have (seller included the original filters and manuals to that deal).

You wrote:

"I don't remember seeing any other differences.
    One cool thing, is that with the continous macro lens, you can pull focus from infinity, right up to the lens surface just by turning the focus ring.
    You don't have to mess with some other control for macro.
    Nice camera..."

Great!! thanks for information.

Jukka Sillanpaa

------------------

Matt Pacini

I think it's a Bauer lens.
    It's definetely not a Schnieder or Angeniuex though (unfortunately!)

Matt Pacini

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dusting this thread off, does anyone have an english version of the s709 xl manual? i just bought a 709 from fleabay in immaculate condition and i just want to see if there are any other differences besides the focal length and lens choice? i have seen pics of the 715 and it looks just like the 709 so any info is appreciated... this is my first sup 8 camera and im new to the super 8 arena...

cheers...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the replies, i found a manual in great condition for free. thanks again... [img]tongue.gif[/img]