Thread: shooting a S8 short in Kodachrome...

chas_ucla

The L.A. Super-8 Film Group is about to start shooting a script I wrote, I'm happy to say.

I was planning on using Kodachrome but after all this talk of jittery footage I'm not sure if I want to! Do you think if I went to the Kodak Hollywood office and bought straight from them it would be guaranteed that the carts are ok? Or should I take no chances and use Plus-X stock?

------------------

MovieStuff

I'm not sure that using Plus-X will get you out of harm's way. I just transferred over 30 rolls of Tri-X and almost every one had jitter. It seems to be the cartridges and not the emmulsion.

Roger

------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

chas_ucla

And you had the same problem with Plus-X and Ecktachrome carts as well, didn't you?
    Crap...

------------------

MovieStuff

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chas_ucla:
    And you had the same problem with Plus-X and Ecktachrome carts as well, didn't you?
    Crap...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I haven't run any Plus-X but I have run the 160G, Kodachrome and Tri-X and they all had issues. However, I think someone else pointed out problems with the Plus-X, but you'd have to search the forum because I really don't remember. Might have been on Andreas' forum.

Yeah. Crap. Really bogging us down because every time we see that kind of jitter during a transfer, we are pretty much forced to stop and check registration on the DV-8. We can't just ignore it, even though I know now the DV-8 is solid. Just bothersome as hell.

Roger

------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

[This message has been edited by MovieStuff (edited March 11, 2002).]

8th Man

Two of the Five rolls of Plus-X I shot recently had this same problem, I'm very sorry to say.

------------------
    PRM