Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: VCD

  1. #1
    Inactive Member trevorbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2001
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently saw a new version of Easy CD Creator, ver. 5 Platinum I believe, that now offers VCD creation. I saw it at Best Buy. It was about $99.99 if I recal.
    I think to play in a DVD player it would have to be mpeg, but I'm not sure. Check your DVD players documentation to see if it gives any specifics. I don't know what the standard for VCD is.
    I do know that mpeg looks fantastic. I bought a CD from a recording project called Recoil. It had a full album of music and still had room for a beautifully made video. Extremely high quality even at full screen on a 200Mhz pentium. The film was close to four minutes and only took up a little over 50 megs of space, not bad at all for the kind of quality it displayed. This is my goal for the final format of my short films.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I remember seeing someone on here (somewhere?) say that they transfered their movie to Video CD and I was curious how you do this; what file type (avi, mpg...), what software, etc.? I have a CD burner and a DVD player that plays VCDs, so I was thinking it would be funto try.

    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Scott

  3. #3
    Inactive Member avortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    You can look at www.vcdsp.com (in spanish, and it has software) or www.vcdhelp.com

    They will give you a big explanation

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    335
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    a vcd is always mpeg, or it's not a vcd but simply a cd-rom with video data on it. the mpeg file has to follow certain specs, and the directory structure on the cd must too. templates are available in all mpeg compressors and cd burning softwares i've seen. the links above provide the information you need.

    /matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •