Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: editing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member miguelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Anyone out there have any experience editing
    super-8 on Final Cut Pro? I am planning to
    finish my b@w super-8 film short on a computer editing program. Any information
    would be much appreciated.


    [This message has been edited by miguelito (edited July 06, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Avid user here. Although I only "direct edit", I do sit at all edit sessions on all my projects. Maybe I can help, what are your questions?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use an Editor that uses AVID as well. However, he has FCP on his home computer. He likes it. It is nice for Offline work--but if you are going to Online then use an AVID. I think that AVID's EDLs transfer better.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member miguelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks rollemfilm and Nigel for your replies.
    Nigel, you said that FCP's EDL's transfer
    better. Please explain this to me. I'm also
    not sure what the difference is between
    editing "online" vs. "offline". Please explain.
    rollemfilm, I welcome your imput as well.


    Thanks,
    miguelito.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Scott Nocella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I'm a FCP user/owner, and my feelings are that if you are using somebody that has FCP system and they are comfortable using the system......go for it!!! Our 16mm film was done in FCP and it really has a nice look to it. I'd feel better if your project were the only one he have on his system so there would be no need for an EDL list.....an online edit. An online edit is one where you've captured your images at the highest resoulution possible so that you're mastering your finished piece. That takes memory and patience.....so it would be nice if it were not mixed with anything else.

    Peace and Light,

    Scott

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Scott Nocella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I'm a FCP user/owner, and my feelings are that if you are using somebody that has FCP system and they are comfortable using the system......go for it!!! Our 16mm film was done in FCP and it really has a nice look to it. I'd feel better if your project were the only one he have on his system so there would be no need for an EDL list.....an online edit. An online edit is one where you've captured your images at the highest resoulution possible so that you're mastering your finished piece. That takes memory and patience.....so it would be nice if it were not mixed with anything else.

    Peace and Light,

    Scott

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member miguelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 28th, 2001
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Thanks for the info Scott. I've also shot some 16mm film. I've been mainly testing-out
    the different stocks that are available right
    now with the help of an old Bolex h16. So far
    so good. Thanks for explaining "online" to me.


    Later


    miguelito



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •