Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Following

  1. #1
    seekaee
    Guest seekaee's Avatar

    Finaly rented Following and I was pretty impressd. it looked and played extremly well for a low/no budget feature.

    BTW..dose anyone have any info on the equipment they used( arri?,scoopic?,HMI?,ect)


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    I haven't heard of this, that I can remember.
    Where did you rent it?
    Either of the "Big Two?"

    I'd like to see it.
    What (other than the plot) do dyou know about it?
    Where did you hear about it?

    Matt

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Post

    Matt, this is the film Chris Nolan did, prior to Memento. He received quite a bit of publicity after it screened at various festivals, including -- if I remember correctly -- Toronto.

    I bought it on DVD, after someone on this board mentioned it was available.

    Great flick, well-constructed story, b/w, 16mm, shot on weekends over the course of one year. Running time is just barely a feature, around 1 hour 15 minutes.

    Don't know what kind of camera Nolan used, but you can hear the motor in some shots... but, it's a good story, well told, so it didn't bother me at all.

    It's worth checking out!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    seekaee
    Guest seekaee's Avatar

    Post

    Matt, I rented it at blockbuster so I?m sure you could find it at just about any other video store on the market,It?s a pretty major release.As to the camera motor I didn?t really notice it( my hearing must be bad) but some of the sound is a little rough at times. None the less, it?s probably the best directorial debut on a low budget scale since El Mariachi. It looked pretty good too.

    Must of been done on a workprinter ;-)



    [This message has been edited by seekaee (edited January 15, 2002).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •