Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the problem about the zooming is that it takes a lot of time. I mean, you waste a lot of time, and the audience get bored.

But then again when it comes to my thing about this pan. You'll waste a lot of film. The pan away is easy, but to pan fast in on the subject and get a satisfactory result takes a lot of tries, I took about 20 of them before I feelt I made a good one, but that was with video and that is so much cheaper.

Well, whatever you do, if you do a film with sound, make sure to get a good sound effect to carry you trough the cut. That will take away the attention from the cut it self and make it smooth.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry!!!

I screwed up here. This was ment as a reply to "my current project" by Chrusty 19 ore someone named something like that. Sorry again.....

Olav Pekeberg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's chrust19 thanks.
    I've been thinking about a 180 pan, from a closeup to a closeup, and the zoom would be from a close up, so it would not waste a lot of time, the thing is you say that anything i do will be a waste of time, well i disagree, this transition is a very important piece of my film, i don't think the audiece will be bored or feel like time is being wasted, i figure it'll take about five seconds for the transition now i don't know about you but it takes a bit more than five seconds for me to get bored with something. And thanks for the pan idea, i'll probably use it.

Christi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you on that this is important, and that it'll probably not waste too much time, but I think a zoom will, at least if you want to do a slow zoom, that looks kind of like a dolly-shot, and not one of those fast ones. If you ever zoom I think you should zoom slow, cause if not, your movie will look too much like a cheep homemovie filmed vith a home videocamera.

If you use the paning idea you wont waste time. The pan shouldn't last for more than about 20 frames (if you're doing 24 fps), and it'll be over fast. No wasted time...

If you're doing the zoom, don't do a zoom, but a dollyshot. Much more interesting way of getting closer, cause it changes the perspective. Zooms are boring no matter how you do them, I think. They just make everything bigger, other than that there is nothing interesting to them.

Do either a dolly-shot or the pan. At least that's what I think.

Olav

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When Zooming or panning--actually whenever you physically move the camera remember it will always look faster on film(This is due to the fact that when you watch a movie you are actually spending half your time in the dark--If you know what I mean then great). So slow down by a fraction of a second and things will look better. Good Luck.