Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: splicer

  1. #1
    el don
    Guest el don's Avatar

    Post

    just a question: can i splice super8 film with a 8mm splicer? I saw a 8mm/16mm splicer on e-bay, could it work for super8?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    el don
    Guest el don's Avatar

    Post

    more precicely, does anybody know if the bolex 8/9.5/16mm splicer can be use as a super8 cement splicer? this item is on ebay if you want to have a look.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    souper8
    Guest souper8's Avatar

    Post

    I have a bolex splicer that accepts super8 and regular 8. The pins on super8 are thinner and located differently. Look for the Bolex unit with the red and silver badge rather than the black and silver badge.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    el don
    Guest el don's Avatar

    Post

    thank you very much, i'll look for this item.

    ------------------

  5. #5
    #Pedro
    Guest #Pedro's Avatar

    Post

    The Bolex splicer is one of the very best cement splicers. It?s high pressure provides perfect thin results. When using too much cement, there is absolutly no risc of cement spots around the splice!
    Pedro

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Until I switched to cement, I used the Hervic SPlicer and Hervic tapes.
    They cover only two frames, and you can't see the splices like you always do with ones that cover 4 frames.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •